- Paperback: 608 pages
- Publisher: Esri Press; 2nd edition (30 Aug. 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1589482603
- ISBN-13: 978-1589482609
- Product Dimensions: 19.2 x 3 x 23.2 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
241,876 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #72 in Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geography > Cartography, Geodesy & Geographic Information Systems
- #156 in Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Techniques & Tools > Drafting
- #229 in Books > Computers & Internet > Computer Science > Programming > Microsoft Windows
Getting to Know ArcGIS Desktop: For ArcGIS 10 Paperback – 30 Aug 2010
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Tim Ormsby works in product development at ESRI.
Eileen Napoleon is an educational specialist at ESRI.
Robert Burke is a senior instructor and technical writer at ESRI.
Carolyn Groessl was a technical writer for ESRI Press.
Laura Bowden currently works in GIS education at ESRI.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Also, there is no requirement to purchase this book to obtain the 180-day evaluation software (which is ArcGIS 10 Editor version). Indeed, it is no longer bundled with the book, you have to download the 3.9Gb file, but you also get the evaluation key, so this latest edition is unnecessary.
My advice is, save yourself a whole lot of money, buy an older version and obtain the software via download. There is so little change to the book you will not be disadvantaged. Amazon currently (Dec 2010) has used editions from $17.13.
ESRI Press could have provided an 'update' pdf of changes, but I doubt it would have got beyond a page!
IanO - UK
Regardless, I buy a new copy every 6 months for the cheap software. I can keep this plan going for over 10 years and still come out ahead over buying a commercial one year license.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Techniques & Tools > Drafting
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Techniques & Tools > Structure & Design
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Languages
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Education > Teaching Aids
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geography > Cartography, Geodesy & Geographic Information Systems
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies