- Audio CD (25 Aug 2008)
- Number of Discs: 1
- Label: Ace
- ASIN: B001CDF03G
- Other Editions: Audio CD
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 266,975 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)
|1. DAVY YOU UPSET MY HOME|
|2. COME IN THIS HOUSE|
|3. ANOTHER MAN'S WOMAN|
|4. MY BIGGEST MISTAKE|
|5. RIGHT BACK TO MY ARMS|
|6. I HAD TO COME BACK TO YOU|
|7. SHE'S MINE|
|8. GET WAY BACK|
|10. I WANT TO HAVE A TALK WITH YOU|
|11. AIN'T NOBODY'S BUSINESS|
|12. CUT IT OUT|
|13. PUT YOUR CONFIDENCE IN ME|
|14. OPEN THE DOOR|
|15. JUST FOR YOU AND ME|
|16. YOU LITTLE BABY FACE THING|
|17. MOTHER'S ADVICE|
|18. CHARLIE BROWN GOT EXPELLED|
|19. BLESSED ARE THESE TEARS|
|20. YUM, YUM, YUM|
See all 27 tracks on this disc
* "Get Way Back" brings you - for the first time on one CD - the recordings that Joe made in the first five years of his career, for King and the American Ace label.
* Here are 27 cuts that embrace New York rock`n'roll, and New Orleans R&B that point the way to the great soul singer that Joe would become in the 60s.
* All of the tracks used here are the original singles masters, unlike previous CD reissues of some of the songs, which have been presented as alternate takes. Many of the tracks have not been reissued on CD (or any other format) before.
* As well as some great music on the disc, the CD booklet contains several previously-unpublished photographs from Joe's first ever recording session in September 1955.
* Much of the humour of many of his later hits has its origins in these recordings. It's very easy to see and hear from these great tracks that Joe was eventually going to be a star when the time was right