Format: Paperback|Change

on 10 February 2008
I think George Michael is great and love his music. I'm not an obsessive fan though, certainly not enough to read everything there is to read about him and swot up on little details of his life - even so there was precious little written in this book which I didn't already know.

I'm not sure if this is because there isn't really that much to write about him, or because he likes to lead such a private life, or because the book was poorly researched. There seemed to have been little or no actual contact with George Michael in order to write the book. It was as if it had been compiled exclusively by reading back issues of music magazines/press and watching videos.

Whatever the reason, I think it was poorly written, jumping around chronol ogically for no apparant reason, and padded out with far too many detailed descriptions of video clips, exactly how many weeks each single was in the UK and US charts...

A biography should present the reader with something other than this. The reader expects to learn something about the person, taking a glimpse behind the scenes.

Don't bother buying this book, it's a complete waste of money.
on 23 July 2009
I bought this book hoping to learn something new about this amazing Performer and did remember most of what happened in his career but was left feeling a little disappointed by the fact that I could not help but wonder if we were not told the full story of the events of the last 2 - 3 years which was a little rushed I felt.
on 14 December 2012
This is probably the one book summing up all the others. There isn't much new in this one - so if you got the prior books about George Michael - this will be a waste of money.
on 1 March 2010
This is a book that I could read many times and still enjoy reading it.Its great to be able to read about someone you admire and this is a good book to let you.
on 27 August 2012
Excellent book, Fantastic Price. Would recommend to anyone who wants to know about what make George Micheal Ticks.
Looking forward to his further bio.
on 9 February 2016
Okay, but I learned nothing new about my favourite artist.
on 19 September 2015
Really enjoyed this book
on 13 February 2015
Great condition, thanks
on 31 January 2015
interesting
on 8 April 2008
From the ashes of Wham came the superstar George Michael.
This book is a fantastic tribute to the best white soul singer in the world.
A star who has never forgotten his roots and says "I owe it all to Frankie Flame"
Francis Marshall ( Frankie Flame ) is the piano legend who insired Sir Elton John and George to work together and praised the former Wham star in his classic
Oi The Robot`