on 12 May 2015
I picked up this light to brighten up a corner in my room and it fit the bill perfectly.

Initially when I received it, I was worried it would be small and fragile but I was pleasantly surprised.

Assembly was simple and the baseplate is sturdy enough to keep it steady. The floor switch is ideal and I like that it's not too bright.

I use low power eco bulbs ( 535 Lumen, 11 watt screw-ins) and it gives off a nice shaded warm white light. The length of the cable from plug to base is about 88 inches or 220cm. The plug is UK blacka nd standard profile

It works well in a corner but not as the sole source of light in a room.
review image review image
on 26 September 2013
Arrived quickly (unlike orders direct form Ikea!) and it's relatively easy to assemble (although I think the instructions are for a slightly different - taller - model).
The light looks very centralised in the middle (because that's where the light bulb is) so it doesn't diffuse throughout which is what I was sort of expecting.
Also, the box on it says the maximum wattage of the light bulb is E27-75W not 11W as on the product description.

Conclusion: If you need a cheap, informal, floor lamp I would recommend this. PS: It doesn't have a dimmer (I thought it had, maybe my mistake).
on 19 February 2013
This lamp is lovely. I was very impressed with it. It was recommended I buy it with the bulb at the same time - Don't! it's not the right bulb! The lamp takes an E27 large edison fitting, but the bulb that arrived was an E14
11 comment|89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 May 2013
This lamp is surprisingly good value for money. It was very easy to assemble and gives out a nice low glow in a corner of a room. It looks good too. Very pleased.
on 12 April 2013
good light if you don't want it to bright great ambiance solid base not easy knocked over will be buying another fair price fast delivery
on 17 May 2013
cheap, sturdy, nice height, easy to build, works with a standard bulb, bright enough but not on the 'in your face' way - perfect mood light in the living room for the evenings. what else can you wish for?!
arrived earlier than the estimated delivery date (per usual).
on 12 June 2016
Whilst these lamps aren't ever going to change the world, for around £10 they are an absolute bargain.

I was so sick of the harsh overhead lighting in my flat (the stark, white walls and laminate flooring obviously didn't help), so I wanted to get something that could emit light from the corners of the room. Stuck behind the television, the two Ikea Holmos though I purchased offer a far more subtle light that softly brightens up the room.

These have been lighting up my living room for a couple months now and I'm really happy with them. Incredibly easy to put together, attractive to look at and cheap as anything. These are a no-brainer as far as I'm concerned!
on 23 June 2014
i read some reviews when i was about to order this and some were very off putting saying it was hard to put together and wasn't very sturdy..... those reviews were rubbish its a brilliant lamp lovely soothing light not too bright just nice and relaxing and a child could put this lamp together its great and i love it .... incredible value for money love it !!!
on 23 September 2014
Great for the price - the cover reminds me a little bit like crinkled up baking paper but cannot complain! Would recommend the SEBSON® E27 3.8W bulb for this - almost the same price as the light but its a 360 bulb that gives a nice glow and supposedly 10 year lifespan.
on 14 September 2014
Great lamp for any room, very sturdy and gives out a good bright light!
Highly recommended for the price I have considered buying a second one for another room in the house very soon. Great bargain for te price very cheap!!