on 13 January 2001
After looking for this book for some time for a friend, I knew I had to have it. The pictures are wonderful and and there are also some good behind the scene pictures, as well as some charming family pictures. Also there are many direct quotes from Gene Kelly himself regarding the movies he has appeared in and directed, and information on his early years and off-camera life. An excellent buy, and very good value for money.
on 12 March 2013
Gene Kelly biographies are thin on the ground. I bought this book in 1996 when it was first published. When I needed one for a gift recently I bought this same book again, as it remains the best one available.
on 21 February 2014
I simply adore Gene Kelly and as this book was recommended to me I bought it. It was ok but there were some inaccuracies in it and seemed to miss something in the telling. Had a few good snippets but I really wouldn't recommend this.
on 29 January 2015