on 1 August 2013
I bought this Garmin Nuvi 30 for my daughter as she will be travelling around Europe and the UK for her new job. An excellent sat nav with great quality screen. very easy menu system even for me. I really do rate this sat nav.
on 20 May 2014
Unit is good in the UK but accuracy in Spain leaves a lot to be desired & in certain cases gives totally wrong directions i.e tries to send you wrong way up a one way street, doesn't seem to recognise the road you're on & shows a road that has been rerouted. However unit is compact, easy to use & gives clear instructions.
on 4 March 2014
Really pleased. Small enough to pop in my pocket. Gets me where I want to go. Only, slight thing is that a non-QWERTY alphabet set up is slower for me to use, but that's a minor issue. Good price, good size, clear, simple and easy to use.
on 23 August 2013
I bought this model because it seemed easy to use and straitforward.This turned out to be the case I am quite pleased with it.An instruction leaflet would have been helpful.
on 20 December 2013
I had heard wonderful things about Garmin and will come back later to review its performance.

However, on opening the box lets say I was bemused to find there was no charger included. Fortunately the Tom Tom cables work on the Garmin. Also no software to connect via computer which I will have to hunt down later

So a bad start for the Garmin. Lets hope it works on the road.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 September 2013
Great Sat nav ,easy to use ,and a good size , and good price , 5 stars. I would buy one again .
on 24 October 2014
I bought this for my son, now he is driving. I already have a garmin, so far he has not been disappointed - it does the job it should.
on 29 April 2016
Got one quality !! You can add SD card maps on all nuvi models so easy to use. Battery lasts for ever !
on 17 October 2013
its not bad could have done with being a bit bigger but thats life does what iy says on the tin
on 18 August 2013
Some technology is infuriatingly arrogant. We are surrounded by devices that assume that we humans are wrong and they - little black boxes - are right. The Garmin Nuvi 30 is one of those. On second thoughts, this is being unfair to the little black box - it is the blinkered ignorance and dull-wittedness of the mapping and system developers that is at fault. Why do they not have that basic ability that should be at the core of every product oriented worker - to put themselves in the position of the user!?

Full of hope and expectation, I opened the packaging, took out the little black box and ... my heart sank. There was only a car cigarette lighter power cable, a relic from a bygone age, with all the style free, tatty, low rent, manufactured down to a price and never-mind-the-quality-the-punters-will-never-complain incompatability with the rest of the product. This is 2013 - I don't want this bargain basement spaghetti trailing all over my car! Well I am complaining - in these days of coherent, all-of-a-piece product design such as we have become used to from Apple and others, this cynical uncaring attitude will not do!

I - quite reasonably - want to charge my satnav at home, using a mains charging cable, and then clip it into its holder without wires obscuring the controls on the centre console of my car. I do not mind having the in-car power cable as a back-up, to be kept in the car for occasional emergency use. This is what I do with my phone, camera and ipad. Why should my satnav be different?

Another irritating feature is the one time only programmable "home" function. I put in my address and it promptly put my home at the other end of my long and winding street. Garmin claims to know better than I do where my house is! That is arrogance - particularly so in view of the fact that there seems to be no means of changing that location once it has been entered. Haven't Garmin ever thought that people might sometimes do really weird things like, er, move house?

A third irritation is the keypad. For well over a century, our civilisation has grown to accept the qwerty keyboard as the default layout of letters and characters. Why have the alphabetical layout - and why tell people that it is possible to change to a qwerty layout yet not actually give them the functions on the menu to do so?

The longer I go on the more convinced I am that there should be a review option to give a product a zero star score ...
44 comments|14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse