on 24 August 2013
This was a complete pain to setup. I live in suffolk and the basecamp software kept saying there was no imagery for my area. This however after 3 days and many attempts eventually worked for some reason...? The product, I thought was going to be satelite imagery but mine is only OS map. This is not what I expected but it is what I would have wanted (I thought you couldnt get small sections of OS map). The OS map is, however only available for very close in which is also irritating!
on 26 March 2015
I am computer literate BTW in case you think I'm not!
I have wasted hours of my life over the 5 weeks since I bought this trying to get it to work.
I really couldn't tell you whether the user interface is so obscure that I couldn't get it to work, or whether the garmin server was always down (every time I tried for 5 weeks!?) or what.
All I wanted was to download some 1:25k map selections and I never got that.
The voucher activated just fine, telling me I had a finite period to use the credit (I have now wasted a month of that)... it was downhill from there.
Every time I tried to get help the links seemed to direct me to the same useless product, or I got "server down" or nothing.
There is a certain irony that a navigation product is impossible to navigate. Funny ha ha ha... not.
I have just tried to get a refund... that window has closed.
Is it worth going to Small Claims for £20?
Putting this one down to experience, which I am happy to share with you.
on 12 April 2013
For those of us who wear reading glasses, the BirdsEye dramatically improves clarity on my Garmin Oregon. I use it for both cycling and hiking and once you master the basecamp software it is a good unit for those who do not like carrying OS maps on route.
Please note that you get a limited time to use the Birdseye Imagery. The total amount can be used in small sections throughout the UK, but they give a deadline date for you to use it up (4 months)
44 comments|4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 February 2016
Easy enough to use, Very easy to select the area you wish to select, you can even draw it on the map with the mouse to save a little area. (rather than dragging a huge square over a larger area) I have had no problem using the select map, My only complaint is the cost, however I dont see much of an alternative to be honest?!

once its selected, just make sure its enabled on your device and when your in the area you selected you will see the select map you choose.