on 4 October 2011
I already had the UK and western Europe maps loaded on my Garmin Nuvi 1390, so knew what to expect. I wanted the eastern Europe maps on microSD card so that I would have no drama loading them and switching from one map set to the other. We travelled briefly through Croatia (Split and Zagreb), Slovenia, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Czech Republic, back again to Zagreb and via the eastern corner of Italy (Trieste). I found no drama in switching between the map sets (Austria and Italy in the western Europe maps), the unit just did it with no indication that it had happened.
The maps were great; no errors that I can recall.
One issue more to do with Garmin info than the product itself - I still don't know if I can just load more than one map set into the unit's internal memory and how to do this. The Garmin web site doesn't seem to be clear on this - or have I just not searched enough? And the handbook doesn't seem to cover it....
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 17 August 2011
I'll start by saying I'm a Tom-Tom fan, that said, I did use my wifes Garmin on our last holiday to Hungary because the Tom-Tom makes me download my western europe map and then upload my eastern europe map as it doesn't have a card slot or enought internal memory space for both.
I swapped over sat-navs in Austria and the card fired up straight away. It knew where to go (something I was checking as I know the route well) until we hit Budapest proper. It tried to take me on what I can only presume it thought was the traffic free route. I ignored it and eventually it agreed that the route I was taking would get me to my cousins place.
I had an ex-pat (my father) with me on nearly every journey and he was being navigator so I only looked at the Garmin to confirm his directions.
There has been a lot of recent (well signed) major roads built around Hungary which did throw this out of date version off but I would have been happy to use it for in town as I find motorway signage adequate but central Budapest like central London a bit of a nightmare for a foreign visitor.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again