Customer Discussions > Wherever You Are forum

Gareth Malone should receive a state honour

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 6 Dec 2011 09:46:44 GMT
Holly H says:
For his truly inspirational work as a choirmaster, particularly with his work with the Military Wives, Gareth Malone should be given a state honour.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Dec 2011 13:46:10 GMT
J. Schultz says:
I totally agree Holly. He is a very selfless man who has brought communities together. Start a campaign, I'll sign!

Posted on 6 Dec 2011 16:51:32 GMT
Bonnie says:
Count me in.
He is a most inspirational, lovely man who has the ablity to connect with all sorts of people.
I only wish he would start a choir near me! although with my voice I might be his first failure!

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Dec 2011 07:42:32 GMT
know-it-all says:
agree totally, what a gentle unassuming but truly inspirational man... wow!

Posted on 7 Dec 2011 21:30:31 GMT
Ballistics says:
By forming the Military Wives Choir, Gareth Malone, has shown what can be achieved in terms of the dramatic gain in the self confidence and self esteem of choristers and in these ladies, in particular. Inadvertantly and perhaps more importantly, the series has given the general public a glimpse of the strength of character of military wives, their support for each other to help them through difficult days. Without wives of the calibre you have seen, the Services could not function. I know, I have been proudly married to one for a good number of years, She frequently ran our family for months on end and also worked in a demanding profession. Let's hear it for the Wives, getting them to number one is a small price to pay !
Ballistics

Posted on 9 Dec 2011 09:15:30 GMT
Can't wait for his next project - but will need more hankies!!!

Posted on 10 Dec 2011 09:26:14 GMT
donna page says:
I totally agree with everything thats been said about gareth and cant wait for the next project.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Dec 2011 10:35:08 GMT
Sadly, in todays Mailonline, he says he's not doing any more.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Dec 2011 23:52:44 GMT
Absolutely-he is the sort of person that should be recieving a 'gong'

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Dec 2011 11:49:56 GMT
sa55 says:
watched this programme, absolutely brilliant. the Military Wives Choir should be No.1 ,so buy ,buy , buy

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Dec 2011 11:51:43 GMT
sa55 says:
thought he was brilliant, made music fun. this takes up a lot of his time and he has a young family, so hope those choirs he has started keep it up without him. he is an inspiration

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Dec 2011 11:53:09 GMT
sa55 says:
totally agree with all. he should be given an honour, after all may other people do for less.

Posted on 20 Dec 2011 20:35:09 GMT
V. Rendall says:
I think that Gareth, for his services to music, should be made a 'sir' in the honours list.I hope the ladies of the choir make Number 1 this Christmas. A remarkable achievement.

Posted on 29 Dec 2011 14:11:07 GMT
Last edited by the author on 29 Dec 2011 14:11:42 GMT
dimple says:
I agree with all the previous posts. I saw a young man take a group of ladies, some of whom lacked confidence in themselves and transform them in a wonderful choir. Well done ladies, but awards needed for this unassuming young man. I hope they all own shares in a certain tissue company !!

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jan 2012 19:26:35 GMT
Last edited by the author on 2 Jan 2012 19:33:16 GMT
R. Tims says:
Gareth has the ability and calmness to take a town or boys from a school and teach them all to sing and now the military wives and the song getting to no1 in the charts,yes I know it is raising money for 2 charities,but forget that and just focus on the man who bought these women together,helped them to move along whilst thei partners are doing their best in foreign lands,to help protect us.I have always admirred Gareths television programmes and have an appreciation for him.yes he should be made a sir,and dont leave it to late.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Wherever You Are forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  6 Dec 2011
Latest post:  2 Jan 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Wherever You Are
Wherever You Are by Military Wives (Audio CD - 2011)
4.8 out of 5 stars   (416)