Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest First
Showing 1-9 of 9 questions
vote
The pole comes in sections and is metal, as are the hooks, finial and the holder for the water tray. The actual feeders are plastic with metal ends, and there is a mesh tray in metal. It all seems fairly sturdy (so far standing up to the gales - I'm in SW Scotland) but I think it needs extra support in a very windy situation like mine. Hope this helps.
5 Jan 2014 by WanabeeScientist
vote
The tops and bottoms are made of metal, as are the bars on which the birds perch. The plastic tubes, however, can break if they fall to a hard surface like a patio. (One of my seed feeders has been pulled off of its screw-on top twice, and the second time the bottom edge of the tube - where it attaches to the base - cracked enough so that the tube no longer grips. I've had to order another feeder to replace it. Best price £7.) The plastic tubes do not appear to be very different from those found on other feeders.
18 Jun 2014 by I. Herman
vote
We bought the base stand, so answer is no. If you use the spike in the ground I guess it depends on how deep you hammer it. It is quite tall with the base. However I think that's better for the birds.
27 May 2014 by Derbyshireman
vote
My station is firmly fixed in the appropriate solid patio base and stands well; have had no problems with screws on joins. Sorry I cannot help further - hope you can resolve the problem. Eileen
24 Dec 2013 by teddybear
votes
ABSOLUTELY! Have had several of these through the years, and always have staked them in lawn rather than on patio in stand... never had one of them fall, but do make sure you push it WELL DOWN in lawn [hubby even gets his spirit level out to make sure it's straight!] We've always pushed them about 18 inches down into the lawn - even balancing squirrels and pigeons don't make it fall! Hope this helps. Rev Jayne
17 days ago by rev jayne
votes
Wasn't to large , the pole bit is in three sections , should tell put the three pieces and if you are seven foot you will be fine but two was great .the birds love it ,,,,
2 Sep 2014 by Patricia Kendrick
votes
Hi Sorry I cannot tell you the exact height as I gave it as a gift but I would say at least 5ft high possibly more to the top but the arms come down so you can reach for filling it looks just right they have it fitted into the patio hope this is some help
7 Sep 2014 by millie
votes
I also have lots of cats around but they have not given me any trouble with regards this feeding station. I have the food tray and water dish about 0.5m off the ground these can be slid to any height you wish. The perches are a good 1m of the ground. As long as you position it away from cat-climbing aids such as fences and over-hanging branches you should be fine. I can thoroughly recommend the feeding station - I get a good range of birds plus some very acrobatic squirrels. Best Wishes, Tony.
3 days ago by A. Wilson
votes
My engineering husband says that anything with joints will move because it's a weak point in the construction. The only solution to this is to use a rigid pole which would give packaging problems. However as to your water dish - perhaps it wasn't clipped in position securely. We haven't had any problem with ours, in fact the reverse is true, as I have a job to get it out for cleaning. Hope this helps.
27 Dec 2013 by Poppy
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

Search Questions and Answers