- Platform: Nintendo Wii U
- PEGI Rating: Unknown
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Game and Wario (Nintendo Wii U)
Find the latest releases and bundle offers on Nintendo Wii U.
Virtual Reality Is Coming
2016 is the year of Virtual Reality. Find out everything you need to know at our Virtual Reality Store. Learn about Oculus Rift, PlayStation VR and the HTC Vive and sign-up to be notified when they will be released.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Wario and his zany friends are back in Game & Wario
Wario and the Diamond City gang are back in Game & Wario, a colourful collection of 16 crazy games that show off the versatility and unique capabilities of the Wii U console. Using only the Wii U GamePad, up to five players can take turns competing in games filled with the eccentric spirit of the WarioWare series.
In single player, there are 12 games to enjoy that turn your GamePad into a variety of different objects for different gameplay challenges: use it as a camera, a bow that loses arrows into the TV image, or as a method to steer a skier to the disco, amongst others! The game utilises the unique setup of the Wii U GamePad controller and the TV screen in innovative and exciting ways for a Wario experience like no other that will keep you coming back for more!
Key features of Game & Wario
In single player, there are 12 games to enjoy that turn your GamePad into a variety of different objects for different gameplay challenges.
In Camera, you're tasked with snapping photos of escaped criminals with your GamePad! The TV shows a busy street in Diamond City, and holding up the GamePad allows you to take a closer look at the scene. Frame those crooks perfectly in your photos to catch them and earn a high score!
In Gamer, take on the role of 9-Volt, a kid who's been sent to bed with his favourite handheld gaming system, but is desperate to get a high score. However, his mum is trying to catch him in the act of staying up past his bedtime. While playing on the GamePad, you'll need to keep an eye on the TV screen to pretend to be fast asleep whenever his mum pounces!
Using only the GamePad, you can share the fun with friends or family in four different games in the multiplayer mode!
In Fruit, up to five players play together in different roles: one player becomes a fruit thief using the GamePad to work in secret, as the others play agents and watch the TV screen to spot when the fruits disappear – made harder with bustling streets, passing traffic, and smoky chimneys obscuring the view. At the end of the game, each of the agents pass around the GamePad to point out who they think is the thief; but only the most eagle-eyed may win as the lineup of would-be fruit thieves look rather similar!
You can also try your luck with Chick-n-Win, the chicken-shaped contraption that lays surprise-filled capsules, and get one of over 200 weird and wonderful toys to play with, each one showcasing something fun or eccentric you can do with your GamePad.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
1. Arrow - You must shoot Mecha Wario Minions with arrows and use the GamePad as a shield, in order to avoid connonball attacks. The sneeze attack is amusing, but this game lacks the depth of The Legend Of Zelda: Battle Quest on Nintendo Land and doesn't have the cool factor of Takamaru's Ninja Castle. The stlye of gameplay is somewhere between the two in my opinion.
2. Camera - You are given 5 people which you must find and take photographs of within a set time limit. I found this game to be fun and the first stage takes place in a city landscape.
3. Ski - This game plays the same as Captain Falcon's Twister Race. In the time attack mode the camera behind your skier, changes to different angles all the time on the tv screen. So it's best to play this game watching the GamePad screen instead, which is a birds eye view perspective. I also play game with the GamePad the other way around, so that left is left and right is right. Ski Bunny Slopes mode keeps the camera in the same position, which makes playing game whilst watching the tv screen much easier.
4. Patchwork - Join pieces of Patchwork together, like a jigsaw puzzle. My 8 year old daughter enjoys this mini game.
5. Kung Fu - Guide your kung fu man onto different platforms to his master, who jumps automatically nonstop. The levels get increasing more difficult and there are hidden scrolls along your way to find. You can see the shadow of your kung fu man on the Gamepad screen, which makes landing after a jump easier.
6.Read more ›
The pick of the games for me are:
Camera - You use the gamepad as a viewfinder to take pictures of characters within a time limit. You will be marked down if they are not facing the camera or if you only get a distant shot, so zoom and a steady hand are vital.
Taxi - You have to save passengers from aliens and then take them to their destination.
Patchwork - You have to create certain shapes by placing puzzle pieces in a certain way. There are 90 of these to do in one mode alone within this game.
Gamer - You are a kid in bed who is trying not to be caught playing video games. You play old style Wario microgames and also have to pretend to be asleep if the mother walks in the room.
Sketch - This is similar to Pictionary. Until 12 July Nintendo is running a competition on Miiverse for the best sketches.
Overall, I would thoroughly recommend this game. There are several levels/modes for each of the 16 games and they will keep you playing to beat your scores. It still retains the wacky Wario style and is also great fun in mutliplayer.
He said it one of his favourite games
Most Recent Customer Reviews
this game sucks donkey balls, doesn't matter what the gamepad can do there's plenty of better games that utilise it just fine, all the minigames on this are crap though, compared... Read morePublished 5 months ago by Jonathon Charlton
Arrived earlier than expected, packaged well, as this is a Xmas present I dont know how good it really is, I will have to let you know.Published on 20 Nov. 2013 by Lin W