- Wine vintage is subject to change, though Amazon.co.uk endeavours to keep its vintage information as up to date as possible.
- Tell Us What You Think About This Wine Tried this wine and want to share your opinions on it? Why not post a review below to help other customers make an informed buying choice. Find out more about posting a customer review.
- Visit the Wine Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have purchased and rated our most popular wines.
Gaintza Txakoli 2013/2014 Wine 75 cl (Case of 3)
|Price:||£37.62 (£12.54 / 75 cl) & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
|You Save:||£1.35 (3%)|
- Gaintza's Txakoli is spritzy, displaying aromas of green apples and lemons with a clean finish
- Light bodied at 11.5% alcohol by volume
- The grapes were hand harvested
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Unless expressly indicated otherwise, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on this site. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented on our website. Please always read labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming the product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Gaintza Txakoli Wine is spritzy, displaying aromas of green apples and lemons with a clean finish and is light bodied at 11.5% alcohol by volume.
Gaintza have 25 hectares under vine in Getaria, a small town known for making traditional rather than modern Txakolis. This region is known for its high rainfall, therefore meticulous work is needed in the vineyard to bring in healthy grapes. The vines are planted on sloped vineyards overlooking the Bay of Biscay and are planted with Hondarrabi Zuri, Hondarrabi Beltza and Gros Manseng. Hondarrabi Zuri is another name for Corbu Blanc, a white variety also planted over the border in Jurançon, while Hondarrabi Beltza is a black skinned grape variety that shares the same DNA parentage as Cabernet Franc. The Gaintza white is a blend of all three of these grape varieties, giving the wine complexity, fruit and acidity.
2013 was a challenging vintage for producers across the entire region of northern Spain. The weather during flowering was poor and yields were down by 40%. The months leading up to harvest were considerably cooler than average which delayed ripening, but also allowed the slow development and retention of delicate aromas.
The grapes were hand harvested, pressed gently and then fermented in temperature-controlled stainless steel vats. The wine was kept in contact with its lees until bottling, which added depth to this fresh and racy wine. Malolactic fermentation was prevented to preserve the acidity and lean style of this wine. It comes with the vintage information as follows: Vintage: 2013; Grape varieties: 85% Hondarrabi Zuri; 10% Gros Manseng; 5% Hondarrabi Beltza; Region: Basque Country; Winemaker: Angel Ortega; Closure: natural cork; classification: DO; Acidity: 8g/l; Residual Sugar: 1.5g/l; Wine pH: 3.20.