Format: Audio CD|Change

on 4 May 2014
Great return with tuneful rock played with passion, combined with thoughtful lyrics. 'My dark places' is a surprisingly uplifting story of Jake Burns' battle with depression, but 'Liar's Club' and 'One man island' are equally good.

If you cant get a copy on Amazon, it is available on Pledgemusic via the band's website, Google 'Stiff Little Fingers'.

ADDENDUM Aug 2014 - THE ALBUM IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE ON PLEDGEMUSIC - but freely available on Amazon.co.uk

The track listing is:

"Good Luck with That" - 2:47
"Trail of Tears" - 4:36
"Since Yesterday Was Here" - 4:07
"When We Were Young" - 4:24

If you get the chance to catch them live, do so. You won't regret it!
on 15 August 2014
An absolute cracker of an album. It may have been 10 years in the making but, by 'eck, it was worth the wait!
From the opening chords of Liars Club through to When We Were Young (with it's nod to the classic At The Edge) this album does nothing but demand your attention & stir the emotions.
My Dark Places is one of the most honest & thought provoking songs you'll ever hear, I defy anybody to hear it & not react to the way it deals with depression, Jake Burns really does wear his heart on his sleeve on this track.
Throughout the whole album, I find myself totally absorbed in every track, this whole album provokes happiness, nostalgia, sympathy & sheer, balls out, anger in equal measures....They may have been around for 37 years but Stiff Little Fingers have lost none of their sense of justice, their anger at some elements of society & their ability to put their point across in a most eloquent & persuasive fashion. I defy anybody not to have a reaction to this album, it really does suck you in make you a part of it.
Thought provoking, uplifting & emotive, once you listen to this album, you'll hit the repeat button & play it over & over, I know that's all I've done since I got it.........Enjoy!!
on 18 August 2014
I can't believe how good this album is. After all these years, this still sounds so fresh and raw. I bought it with my fingers crossed hoping the reviews hadn't been written by diehard fans who could forgive SLF anything. I'm so glad I did. Whether you discovered SLF through John Peel or more recently this will be your new favourite album after the first play.
on 15 August 2014
I've read reviews of this album saying things like 'it's a return to form'. To be honest, I've enjoyed all of SLFs studio albums and whilst there's always going to be a touch of nostalgia about the first four, the ones that got me through school, I'm still as likely to play one of the more recent ones as the classic Inflammable Material or Now Then. What I think is meant is that No Going Back does not have a weak part about it. Flags and Emblems, for example, seemed low on production quality, and you would expect an odd album song that you consider as weak, or lyrics that don't quite work. Not on No Going Back. Every song is a punch in the stomach, every lyric a bite to the soul, and for a record produced on the back of fan-funding, the quality is right up there. I have noticed a new energy about the band live, coincidentally at the same time that Ali rejoined, and that has definitely transferred to the recorded version. The only downside might be waiting another ten years or so for the next one.
on 15 August 2014
Album no 10 for SLF Gets my 10/10. Fantastic album with a mix of rock, reggae, and trad/rock. From the serious subjects of bent bankers, child abuse and depression to the fantastic fun of "when we were young" this album packs a mighty punch from start to finish, go get it you wont be disappointed!!!
on 16 August 2014
Had this album since march.(.bought it on Tour). My self i have been following SLF since 79,
i have every studio album they have made, and this is up there with the best of them,
SLF are a group that just dont produce Rubbish records for the sake of it, every recording is Class...
it angers me that SLF dont get the credit they deserve, when it should be them filling stadiums, not the likes of U2/greeday..
Back to this Album... its been well worth the wait for this release as its a masterpiece...
on 16 August 2014
I bought this through the pledge campaign and believe me, this is the best of the best. Why SLF don't get more recognition is beyond me!
As other people have said this album makes you laugh, cry and want to batter a banker all in the space of one album. I simply can't praise it highly enough.
If you do yourself one favour, then buy it!
It's so good I bought another two copies for friends who also think it's the dogs...
on 16 August 2014
Been a stiff little fingers fan for 30 years, seen em live over 40 times and can honestly say the band are like a fine wine they just keep getting better!! Have had this cd on constant play in my car since I pledged for it back in March, it really is a superb album from start to finish. It's got something for everyone and the passion in Jakes lyrics and the bands playing is as strong as ever. Do yourselves a favour and buy this cd, the best album of the past few years by far!!
on 16 September 2014
There is more than a degree of cynicism among some so called purists about 70's punk bands who are still touring etc. I challenge them to listen objectively to this album and not be swayed by the quality of the songs on this defining, euphoric and defiant album. To long term SLF fans, Jake, Ali, Ian and Steve have nothing to prove. Biased as I am, being a long term SLF acolyte, I truly believe there is no such thing as a bad SLF gig and this album reflects just how good this band is some 37(!) years after forming. It's the best SLF album, in my humble opinion since the criminally under-rated 'Now Then'. Highlights? Too many to mention, but the opening trilogy of 'Liar's Club', 'My Dark Places' and 'Full Stem Backwards' set the tone majestically. There may be 70's era punk bands playing at being karaoke caricatures, rewarming old favourites for partisan crowds set in a timewarp, but SLF are most certainly not among their number. Serious contender for album of the year!!
on 29 September 2014
I've always respected this band, but for me their best stuff was up to and including their single "Straw Dogs". By the second album I thought they had become too commercial and lost their edge.

There have been lots of albums since then with several different line-ups, some albums better than others but nothing that overly excited me ... until now.

NO GOING BACK is absolutely brilliant. The passion from the first album is back, combined with great guitar and drums and re-energised song-writing.

I can listen to this album from end-to-end and, with the exception of the one filler "Guilty as sin", never get tired of listening to any of the tracks.

If you like punk or fast-paced rock then this is an essential part of any record collection. SLF are back to their very best, and this could be the best rock album you'll hear this year.