on 18 May 1999
This is a wonderful, insightful, and well-written book for both Christians and spiritual seekers. The author explores several controversial topics -- including sexuality, doubt, business ethics, and forgiveness -- from a biblical perspective. He explores the "why" behind Christian teachings, showing the relevance and wisdom of Jesus' instructions. And he talks about the "how" -- how to forgive those who've wronged you; how to maintain integrity in the business world; how to overcome loneliness; and how to deal with the doubts that pester everyone. His chapter on Jesus' most controversial claim -- that He's the one and only Son of God -- is worth the price of the book! I highly recommend this creative and powerful book to everyone who's investigating the most outlandish assertions of Jesus of Nazareth. This book will make a difference in every aspect of your world.
on 3 June 2014
i am going through the book with my church and its very good ,great study book and a lot of promises
Having read some of Lee Strobel's other books and found them fascinating (particularly The Case for Faith), I bought this book in the hope it would be equally good. This book has far outstripped my expectations, and has proved to be outstanding. It is an easily read book which looks at every day ethics from a Christian viewpoint, and the pro's and con's of living life Gods way. It has really made me think about my lifestyle and the changes I can make, and I would not consider myelf a particularly amoral person. I would recommend this book to all, Christians and non Chrsitians alike, as it will make you radically rethink your lifestyle.
on 17 October 2014
Listened to the audio book, awesome! But it is the kind of book you need to have in print, so that you can refer back to certain parts. Lee really has a wonderful way of communicating, he is honest, upfront, this book was an eye opener for me. Really made me think about the way I perceived God, and they I perceived myself in His eyes.