Size: Medium|Change

on 27 March 2012
I ordered a XL having seen some feed back reporting small fitting,I'm 6ft with a 42" Chest, The Jacket fits fine! . Quality is spot on, nice and thick weave. no defects or worn patches. Nice cheap hunting jacket that shold stand up to the job!
All in all very happy!
Would buy from this seller again with out thinking!
on 7 September 2013
I live in a wild mountainous area and exercise two dogs on the mountains every day. I have 5 top quality mountain jackets, but need an alternative that has the following features. It is camouflaged for approach will animals and birds. It is not Goretex - which is noisy. It is waterproof and robust. I prefer a longer style that throws water off below mid thigh.

This unlined Flecktarn Pattern Jacket (a jigsaw 4 colour camouflage pattern) satisfies all these criteria. This one was made in 1991 but its impossible to say when it was issued into use. It is 80% very fine Cotton and 20% synthetic. It has been used, but not thrashed. The only fault is a broken zip on one of the lower of 5 pockets - and I can accept this - being pre-used was advised by the seller.

This is a tough jacket, warm enough to be a 3 season jacket (not summer). It will benefit from a spray coat of silicon or preferably a wash in wax treatment for full reproofing. It arrived laundered clean, though I doubt it has been reproofed.

The 4 large pockets (and 1 small) make it versatile, and are large enough to add considerably to the insulation value. The medium size fits my 38" chest perfectly and is not tight. It is heavy by modern jacket standards, but I concede that will give it warmth and durability, and still with no condensation inside if you have a sweat up. There is a waist and lower toggle drawstring, and the main zip does not go full length leaving space for leg movement uphill. It is studded full length. All the studs are brass and work well.

At the price (£16.95 +P/P) this used product is just superb value, given that its specific properties will suit your life style. Items as good as this just do not come with a £16 price tag these days!
on 12 November 2011
Very happy with my jacket, just what I needed for dog walking. Good quality canvas type material, arrived quickly.Thank you.
on 18 October 2015
You may or may not have noticed but ex-army is back in fashion. If you're looking for that urban style Kanye is wearing these days look no further. This thing is the bomb. Looks amazing and top notch quality. Not to mention the price which is a fraction of high street copy ex army stuff.

Like a lot of other people say here sizing is small. I'm 5'10" and 74kgs and usually wear a medium and went for the large. Could even have gone for XL for the super oversize look.

Was intrigued by other reviewers saying they found interesting things in the pockets. I found a pair of freshly washed, used earplugs!

Condition is 10/10 as far as I can see. The fabric is great. Super tough but flexible and light. Massive, numerous pockets and German flags I removed with a paring knife really easily. I'm not anti German, I just can't be bothered having the discussion with people who are. The hood is good and roomy enough to fit the biggest of headphones and beanie under.

Probably the best purchase I've made on Amazon!
on 17 January 2013
This jacket was in better condition than I expected.!

Good quality and plenty of pockets.

On a lighter note-I assumed that the jacket received by me was once worn by an army sapper as the bottom right hand pocket contained a few wood chips from sawing and a cigarette filter.
It took me back; it seems that nothing changes irrespective of whose army you consider!
on 2 September 2014
Thank you for this jacket it's exactly what i wanted.
I'm very impressed, the material's great and it looks combat ready.
It's got that authentic smell too! Ha ha
I can say i'm happy and pleased with what i bought.
Not a scratch, mark or defect, Looks awesome. Thanks guys.
on 27 March 2015
Bought this for fishing and love it. If the wife would let me I'd wear it all the time but she's having none of it. I got the xxl size as I'm six two and big built and there's adequate room for another few layers under it. The zip is half length from neck to belly button with a couple stud buttons completing the length of the coat and while it takes a little getting used to it is ideal for relieving yourself and for getting full knee action while you're legging it for gamekeepers(joking, I always buy a permit).
on 12 July 2012
The item arrived in very good time and was suitably packaged. The jacket is quite tightly fitted around the mid region, I am 6ft tall and average build I ordered the XL size and still found it a little tight round the middle if wanting to wear many layers underneath. The sleeves were a little long for me but it has velcro on the cuffs so thats not a problem. For anyone who might not be aware this is not a brand new item but ex issue, mine had some minor wear to the fabric design around the cuffs and seams but was in very passable condition. The fabric is thick and good quality and the jacket has many pockets. The coat length fell to my thighs, but has a draw string so that u may raise its hight for easy leg movement. The picture provided is a good representation.
on 28 April 2016
Fantastic for taking the dog out, he does like to jump up and you can get away for ages missing a wash with these as the muck just blends in with the flecktarn camo. Loads pockets for poo bags, torch, and treats etc. Wear mine with a flecktarn field shirt loose underneath giving more pockets and a bit more warmth when needed.
on 14 July 2016
Bought one of these in Bristol about 16 years ago and after all those years of hard use the zip finally broke was quoted £30.00 by a local seamstress to fix the zip so a new one at £18 was a no brainer. Fantastic smock top especially if you buy a liner for it.