- Lots of questions, including those that require longer text answers, give students plenty of practice on all types of exam questions.
- Stretch questions and take it further sections provide the right level of a challenge for the higher tier.
- Grade Studio worked examples with examiner commentary helps students to understand how to move up the grade scale to achieve an A*.
- End of chapter exam-style questions and examiner tips provide thorough exam preparation.
- Written to incorporate higher-order thinking skills and featuring extra physics and maths to appeal to high achievers.
Penny Johnson started out as an engineer, then became a science teacher and then a publisher, and now is a full-time writer. She was always fascinated by science, and now enjoys helping to pass on this fascination to her readers.
Most of her work is aimed at the schools market, with textbooks, worksheets and teaching guides, at all ages from Key Stage 1 to A level. In her spare time she studies Open University courses, mostly Earth Sciences. She also has some normal hobbies such as walking, kayaking and cycling!