Format: Paperback|Change

on 24 June 2010
My daughter has just sat the first module of her WJEC GCSE Geography. This book came recommended by a friend of mine who's a Geography teacher. When it arrived it didn't look very appealing - there was a lot of writing and not much in the way of pictures (as in the BCP guides which we've found very useful for the sciences). Despite the initial impression, this book proved invaluable. Because it exactly matches the syllabus, there's no flitting around the book to find the topics covered by your exam board, you can simply work your way through it. My daughter felt 100% prepared/ confident going into her exam but I suppose only time will tell how effective this book is ...
on 24 January 2011
Bought the book for more than the above price through school. It has all the right topics and content, including brief case studies, but only a few useful notes. It's mostly activities that will not help you recall information directly. On top of this, several of the charts and maps have incorrect keys and annotations, clearly a copy and paste job with no proofreading. My advice would be to use your lesson notes or try to obtain the textbook that explains the same course in much more detail.
on 8 September 2015
I used it for quick revision before topic tests. I found it was somewhat detailed, but I felt not enough. Although I did not use it much before the exam (school gave us densely packed A3 sheets with lots of detail for each topic), I found it was a good buy over the 2 years I used it.
on 11 April 2011
Geography rivision book very good, bought book for son who is sitting his GCSE's at the moment. It was recommended by his school and he has used it for Geography revision already. Great condition and fast delivery, just hope he passes his exams but time will tell.
on 17 May 2013
Generally this is a good book, but students, teachers and parents need to watch out for some incorrect labels on diagrams. In the section on changing populations, France is given a short life expectancy for the elderly and high infant mortality! Sadly this sort of thing is seen more and more in books, with much editorial work done by overseas, non-graduate copy-editors and proof-readers who may check that the 'words are OK', but not whether they are appropriate.
on 24 April 2014
This book will help a lot for geography gcse wjec revision. It makes it more interesting than trawling through books and are some really good exam tips etc.
on 5 March 2014
This product was recommended to us and I can highly recommend it too. It has been incredibly helpful with my son's revision. Very happy with this.
on 22 February 2013
This book was exactly what my son needed to revise for his exams. Everything he had to learn was in this book. Very educational and good quality.
on 6 June 2013
Easy to understand, good diagrams, nice and slim so it doesn't take up much room in your bag would recommend this boo for gcse.
on 18 April 2013
Bought book for my daughter to help with revision for exams.
She has found it really helpfull, glad i bought it now.