Format: Paperback|Change

on 6 December 2012
The book looks very different from the picture! It is A4 in size and about 1cm thick, staple bound and not what i was expecting in a text book. Having said that it is VERY readable and straight forward in the presentation of the information you need to study GCSE Astronomy

My 14 year old daughter has been using this book as the main course text with 'Planet Earth's' GCSE astronomy correspondence course. It has been invaluable for explaining things simply and clearly although she reads other books for more in depth information. Exam in a few weeks so we'll see how she gets on...

A* achieved :)
on 10 December 2015
Great book - worth having even if you are not doing GCSE Astronomy - as it is full with interesting things. I did Astronomy for my degree many decades ago - and really enjoyed reading the book. It covers the topics very clearly, and a really helpful revision guide. We bought this for my Son's GCSE this year - and he got nearly full marks in the written test - I am sure this book was a real help for him; hopefully will be for you, too.
on 17 October 2011
I am in love with this book! If you want to understand GCSE astronomy, this is the book to buy because it is extremely well explained. It is a kind of book which grows with you. It starts explaining concepts in a simple way and as you understand them, then you are ready for more complicated explanations which the book provides you with too. You must have it for your GCSE astronomy or if you are a beginner who wants to starts understanding about this fascinating world.
My son is doing an extra GCSE in Astronomy with the only teacher input being 90 minutes after school one day a week so I was keen to get a text book which covered the syllabus in a clear, user friendly way. This book was recommended by the subject teacher and it seems to address all areas of the specification and provides information clearly and concisely, encouraging further reading and independent study.
on 31 May 2012
Brought this just before my gcse astronomy. loved it. just the right amount of stuff you need to know. not too much and not too little. recommend to all students taking gcse astronomy.
on 22 August 2015
Excellent for anyone studying GCSE Astronomy, or even anyone with an interest in Astronomy. Explains some of the more complicated principles really well. Proved invaluable for revision before our exam!
on 14 October 2012
This is the standard text book and makes the GCSE course work easily understandable and attainable. Buy this and you wont need anything else....except maybe a telescope!
I have studied astronomy for about 20 years now and I have started to teach it at GCSE level. I bought this book to see what it had to offer and I have been pleasently surprised. I would say that this is a very good guide book with everything in it that the student or teacher would need to cover for the GCSE exam. It contains lots of additional bits of information and useful links too. One other useful thing is that it does not go over the top with masses of irrelevant detail that sometimes can clog the brain. It is clear, concise and does its job well. At the price you cannot go wrong, so buy it.
on 17 March 2012
The book its self is very informative and really makes everything on the course easy to understand, and the service provided was brilliant within 2 days I received it. For the price it is excellent.
on 16 September 2011
I am currently doing GCSE astronomy, without this book i was really struggling.

All I can say is that this book is amazing.

It is guiding me step by step in to the world of GCSE astronomy.

Me and my friend have so much fun looking in this astronomy book and looking at something new.

I can not praise this book enough.