on 18 February 2013
Wow, this guy is good! Not your typical zombie book, think of it a 'hunger games' or 'twilight' STYLE book, before I lose you! What I mean by this, is the guy actually gets you to like all the characters, feel for them, I really wanted to know what was going to happen and was hooked from chapter 1. Has got FILM written all over it, I would be really surprised if some one doesn't make it. It's just got that edge over the other zombie films and books I have read - its got a lot of humour and the bonding between the characters shows true friendship. If you haven't read it yet (I read the first free chapter and promtptly downloaded the other 7 books and read them over 2 nights, much to my husbands disgust) then DON'T read the next sentence!...... sAUL, if you are reading this, hoooow can you leave it like that, I know there is much more!!! Stop holding it back and please put me out of my suspense - there will be one more wont there?? I never believed Micah was doing it on his own and that Ashleigh was caught up there so somewhere. In the last chapter when she said she was going back to LI I actually got a shiver down my spine! Don't waste time, just download and lose yourself in a lovely cliffhanger every chapter and people you actually care About. And never forget, sometimes you have to figure out who is worse, Government or the dead......
on 30 March 2013
Don't be put off by the prequel "Golgotha"Golgotha (prequel to S.W. Tanpepper's GAMELAND)..which you don't need to read before "Gameland"!!
Golgotha sets the cause of the initial outbreak nicely but does not resemble the series,however the past does and will affect the future...this series is new,fresh,recent,set in a world where the reanimated exist as a daily threat but humanity has made their lives around them,in fact utilised the dead to their needs even for those of us who enjoy video games and reality TV!!
However as is usual someone or some many have to upset the applecart so to speak..from innocent children's boredom and thrill-seeking to underhanded motives and a large element of double cross...I found the whole book well paced,it did not drag to me,in fact I didn't want it to end as had great concerns about the characters survival and did not want to witness the end for any of them!!!
If I had bought the episodes they would have been good value as each episode is a book in itself so having bought the omnibus found it excellent value and a good four/five days solid reading and for me that's some as I devour good books!!!
I still think there is more here to be told...a lot more and sincerely hope the author decides to continue the series in this world...maybe it is because the characters are so good I don't want to say goodbye but definitely a lot more story here!!!!
Happy Reading ,worth every penny,lot of plot,thought and story vision,excellent characters,can't fault it!
on 6 July 2014
A really interesting slant for a Zombie story.
Written like a series - hence the Season 1; Episodes 1-8 comment.
Like Tron meets the Running Man. Hard to explain without giving away too much.
A good read with interesting and believable characters dealing with the dead in a society well after the apocalypse where life goes on - kinda.. Dealing with young love, friendship and betrayal in a world where the dead are an accepted part of living..
on 7 March 2013
Really enjoyed the first episode which I downloaded for free, so I just had to buy the complete omnibus edition, found the storyline quite gripping, though started to loose interest towards the end, possibly because I was reading all 8 episodes in one go?!? Am hoping there will be a sequel/continuance to story as I felt ending was left with the possibility of more to come? Overall I enjoyed the book and would recommend it to all zombie genre fans
on 28 September 2015
One of the best Z-poc books I have read because it doesn't have the usual cliques. I know that the author has gotten a lot of crap about this "not being a true zombie book". well that's a great thing. The fresh ideas (for once, the world hasn't ended and not everyone wants to kill you) shake up your expectations. The characters are beautifully fleshed out and real. Trust me. You will love it!
on 22 May 2013
After buying the first episode for free on kindle I was hooked! As soon as I finished Episode 1 I went out and bought the omnibus and I can't say I was disappointed! I was completely swallowed up by the book and I found it almost impossible to put down. With so many twists and turns it manages to keep you guessing all the way through!

I'm really looking forward to Season 2!
on 7 February 2015
I just love reading zombie books so decided to give this book a go. I must say I'm glad I did. I loved it so much & I can't wait to read the next book. Would recommend this book to all zombie lovers out there.
on 30 October 2014
Never thought I'd read zombie novels. But this series has much to commend. I just wish Ashley had been on trial instead of Micah, and that is one of the strengths of the series--bad stuff really happens.
on 4 January 2015
It would be a good read but the main character goes on and on moaning , about the same things over and over, till you get sick of it. The stories would be ok but for this . So only 3 stars
on 12 August 2014
A different twist on the usual zombie story. Had the first part as a freebie, I went on to buy the rest before I had even finished. Great character's, great story. A must for anybody