Size: Small|Colour: White|Change

I was supplied with this long sleeve polo shirt for review.

This long sleeve polo shirt is made by Hanes a US brand from the same stable as Playtex etc. and over 80% of US homes are said to have a Hanes product. I like this shirt a lot as it seems well made with a neat ribbed collar and three simulated horn buttons. The shirt is made from 100% cotton pique. I like the feel of the cloth, it is light but fine, and good quality. I've had polo shirts from other big manufacturers that feel thicker but the cloth isn't as good a quality and they haven't kept their shape. The fit of this shirt is designed to be a "comfort fit" - it isn't designed to be a slim fit (just as well for me!) and, in terms of sizing I'd order your usual polo shirt size. The sleeves have ribbed cuffs, the body has side seams plus the shoulders haves reinforced seams - I think these three factors all contribute to keeping the shape of the garment. The stitching and detailing are good - I personally am delighted that the shirt doesn't sport a logo. One of my friends remarked that the shirt had a look of "understated quality" about it and asked me where I'd bought it and how much it had cost - they were surprised at the value for money.

I have now washed this shirt several times, although you can wash it at up to 40 degrees I use a 30 degree setting and "colour detergent" - it has washed well with no discernible discolouration and maintains its shape nicely when dried on a hanger plus using this method you avoid ironing it.

This Hanes long sleeved polo shirt has quickly become one of my favourites and so much so that I've ordered another one already. I really like this product - recommended.
on 15 July 2014
I like the long sleeved polo shirts I ordered. I need the collar to keep the sun off my neck and the sleeves to keep light garden debris off my arms. The material is a bit like old school airtex shirts, so going to feel thin in the winter, but good just at the moment. The size of shirt is good and pretty generous/comfortable. The products arrived a lot quicker than the other Amazon seller I used and has been a lot more efficient. These shirts were about £4 more expensive, but I wasn't sure I was going to get the other shirts I ordered at all due to a screw upat their end.
on 7 October 2014
Not bad VFM. Well packaged, obviously new and quality is not great but as good as expected for the price. Unfortunately the size chart appears to be incorrect. I am a 42" chest and normally choose large, which 99% of the time is perfect. The size chart however advised XL for 42" chest in this instance and as most reviews had indicated no problems I selected XL. Unfortunately this size is far too big more like 44-46" and the shirt was duly returned for a refund.
on 5 March 2014
this was a great purchase which fitted perfectly and proportionatly. material is of a decent quality at a bargain. will definetly buy fro here again.
on 28 October 2015
It took a month to arrive, the quality was very poor with cheap fabric and just colour looking patchy, but most importantly it was not Hanes. Can't remember the brand now, but it was only written on the packaging - the quality did not go so far as to put any label on the shirt. This went straight in the bin and I bought something else. Note this was a few months ago, but only just got around to writing the review.
on 22 May 2015
Fit great and looked great until I washed it. Shrunk on a 30 degree wash didn't even put it in the dryer.
on 20 November 2014
I had one of these before and the size L was pefect for me so i ordered this one in large and it was much to big and not really good quallity. I still want two more of these in differrent colours tbut won,t pic this make as the dissident make seem,s to be better.
on 22 March 2014
Great as pajama, for summer work in the garden or for jogging etc. Has nothing to do with quality brand polo shirts which you can wear as regular clothes though. Will not buy again.
on 23 August 2014
The shirt is on the skimpy size and I am not a HUGE guy. The material seems delicate but only time will tell if it were well. So order with caution is my advice.
on 19 May 2014
Very happy with the price & quality. Difficult to track progress but coming from England could be expected.
Would like to see more colours in same outfit.