Top critical review
3 people found this helpful
Utterly and Completely Pants..
on 21 January 2014
To start with these gloves have the appearance of a decent pair but, after a short period of time they prove their value. The label 'Oxford' and the words 'Bone Dry' mean nothing to this product. After wearing this glove for the first ride, I decided I would give it some time to get used to it. 4 rides later and it really is rubbish.
Here's a list of problems:
- Not waterproof in any capacity
- Poor stitching and fabric quality, bits fraying off
- The glove inner is not connected to the outer glove at the fingers end. Each time you take out your hand, the glove inner comes with it, and it is incredibly difficult to get this inner back in
- The faux leather on the fingers and palm have started to wear through, I can see the colouring underneath.
- I do not have massive hands, and even size XL are too small and have a strange cut.
"..Oxford's designers make their products a joy to use" - No. The bane of my existence on EVERY ride.
"Oxford has packed all the essential features into the Original Plus gloves.." - What features?
"As well as ensuring the important waterproofing system and the construction integrity which stands.." - Not waterproof at all, and is falling apart already.
"They have a hardwearing leather palm.." - Not hard wearing at all.
"an elasticated adjustable wrist section" - This doesnt even exist.
The only feature that appears to work, is the finger visor wipe. Well, I suppose it's more the finger than the feature.