I've been looking to get this watch for a long time and when it finally came on Amazon at a reasonable price I went ahead and purchased it. I was really looking forward to getting this watch and when I got it, and started to work with it, it just fell short. Let me break this down by pros and cons.
1. Beautiful watch
2. It's a G-Shock
3. It works with iPhone
4. It tells you when you have incoming calls (watch vibrates)
5. It has the date as well as the time
6. The time is set automatically for you by the watch
7. Lost signal notification.
8. Ability to track the location of your phone.
9. Shock resistant.
10. Water resistant (200 meter according to G-Shock's web site.).
1. It only says "incoming call "when you receive an incoming call. It does not tell you who the call is from or what phone number it is from. So, when your watch vibrates to tell you that you have a call, you will need to pick up your phone to see who it is. This does not work very well if you are in a business meeting and really don't want to be rude and take out your phone to see who it is. They really should have provided some sort of caller ID on the watch.
2. Text messages do not show up on the watch. If someone is trying to reach you and they cannot get you through the phone then generally they will try to send a text message because they might think you're in a meeting and can't answer the phone right now. This watch should tell you when you receive a text message and who it is from but it absolutely does not.
3. Yes, the watch does tell you when you receive an email but it only works some of the time. I had a friend of mine send me six emails over a period of time and out of all six of those emails my watch only told me about two of them. So the watch is not consistent or reliable. Now keep in mind that each email was sent to me over a period of time so it was not like I was asking my friend to just send me emails all at once. The first email that they sent me took about 15 to 20 minutes for the watch to actually tell me that I had an email. Then we tried with another email and the watch never told me about that email. Then we gave it some time and tried another email but the watch did not tell me about that email either. It wasn't until about the fourth email that the watch finally told me that I had another email. If you're at a meeting and are expecting an email from somebody and you want to know when it arrives that you want to know immediately when you have it. You don't want the email to show up on your phone and then 30 minutes later the watch tell you that you had an email.
4. It only works on iPhone. It does not work on android. Now this is a separate thing altogether but I wanted to tell you that this watch connects to your phone via an app for the iPhone. This watch will not work with android. It only works with iPhone. You must have the app on your phone to pair the watch with your phone. I do not know if the app is compatible with all versions of the iOS or iPhone models. I have an iPhone 5 running the latest version of iOS 6 and yes the app is compatible. However, if a new version of the iOS comes out tomorrow, for example, I do not know if this app would run on it. It may require waiting for the developer to come out with an updated app for it to be compatible with the newest version of the operating system. I don't know what that wait time will mean to the watch's ability to connect to the phone. That is something to think about when you were buying a smart watch that pairs up with a phone and requires an app to make it happen.
5. Underneath the watch it only says Casio. It does not have the beautiful G-Shock logo.
6. You have to go to the web to find setup instructions in English.
7. The band is shiny, which is both a good and bad thing. The good is that it makes the watch noticeable and, at first glance, pretty cool looking. The bad is that after you look at it, you realize that the band looks cheap and plastic.
Please note that this is just from my experience. Your experience may be better than mine. I just know that reviews are hard to find on this watch and that hearing from a customer who actually purchased one will give you something to go on.