* Ace's highly acclaimed series featuring obscure and unissued R&B treasures from the mid-1940s-early 1950s ends with a set that more than upholds the high standards set by its predecessors.
* The fifth and final volume of Further Cats'n'Kittens features a compelling blend of R&B and blues legends together with artists whose fame barely extended beyond the corner of their street.
* All tracks are mastered from recent transfers of original acetates of Modern records, and only one has ever appeared on an Ace release before (and then only on vinyl). The audio experience is staggering, especially considering the age of the recordings..
* A formidable nine of the tracks have never been issued prior to this CD, including titles by Hadda Brooks and Jimmy Witherspoon.
* Although this is the final instalment in the series it's by no means the end of our excavation of this end of the Modern catalogue. More releases in this vein are already planned for 2012 and 2013.
* If you like your R&B on the very mellow, very groovy side, this is one CD that you won't want to miss...