on 31 August 2013
This was the best book I have ever read. It was a way of saying hey, never give up on your dreams whatever your situation. This book is definitely worth downloading. DOWNLOADED IT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jamie Grimm has been dealt a few tough blows that have landed him with his aunt, uncle and cousins. Unfortunately, one of those cousins happens to be the class bully at the middle school Jamie now attends.

And how does Jamie deal with all this? By comedy. He's so funny that he draws a crowd at a different uncle's diner. But when this uncle suggests Jamie try out for the local first round of the funniest kid in America contest, Jamie balks. He's not really that funny, is he? Would he win?

Being a book about a comedian, I'm not that surprised I found it funny. I chuckled and laughed at the jokes throughout the book. Some of them are from other comedians, but that doesn't make them any less funny. I liked Jamie and rooted for him to win.

My problem with the book came from the plot. The main plot was predictable, but that's not really a complaint for me. On the other hand, I did feel that there was potential for more conflict. The set up was there, but then those plot threads were dropped. I know I'm talking about a book aimed at late elementary school on, but why introduce those potential conflicts and then drop them.

In the end, I'm sure the target age won't mind at all. I certainly enjoyed the book as I read it. But those dropped plot threads really could have led to something better.
on 23 August 2014
This is a great book but it's not the best cause cool girl (read it to find out who she is) actually gives Jamie Grimm a kiss and half the jokes are not funny but yeah James Patterson thanks for this book even if it's not the best. Still an amazing book though still a but funny but read it if you want
on 17 June 2013
I really enjoyed reading this book I can't wait to see if there is another it was so good I could not put it down I woke up in the mornings with the book next to me and my glasses still on trust me if u read this book u will not stop its very funny as well I fort the characters were good aswell
on 15 October 2013
I love this book I don't know it's just great I would definitely recommend it so please get it for the satisfaction OF YOUR LIFE.
on 27 January 2014
A real terrific little story, about a great little guy, Jamie Grimm, and his aspiring to be a comedian.
Definitely a worthwhile read for both young, and not so young alike. As all James Patterson books are, the chapters are short, and well written, so you don't get tired of reading them.
All in all would recommend this novel, and if, like me, you are a J P, fan, you will to put this one into your library, to read again, and enjoy.
on 27 January 2014
this is an amazing book that all kids from the age of 8-13 should love . it is touching and also extremely funny. great value for money you will get loads of brilliant jokes to try out on your family. although this book is very sad in parts it will also make you laugh until your side's hurt.
amazing book so why don't you get it know!!!!
on 22 July 2014
I loved this book from cover to cover. It showers her how anyone can do whatever they want. And How to get back on your feet when your feeling down, not to mention its hilarious jokes. Anyone could read this book and it definitely tickled my funny bone. All in all I bagged a really great read.
on 19 May 2013
Love.
This.
Book.
It.
Is.
Epic.
I would recommend this book to everyone who likes jokes (and a bit of romance too!!!!!).
Jamie is an awesome kid and I think that he will win the final.
To me, he is a superstar.
I love him.
on 13 January 2014
If you hate this you have got no sense of humour.
This book is just funny.
The main character's family had died and he can't walk.
He gets past a couple of comedy tournaments with wins! with a bully living with him. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!