Funniest book I've read this year!!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 29 Apr 2009 12:09:48 BDT
Swan Song says:
I've just read Chris Wood's "Sherlock Holmes & The Underpants of Death" and I laughed my way through it. In fact I got 'banished' whilst Eastenders was on. It's Spike Milligan type humour. Try it yourself with Amazons "Look Inside" and see if you agree. I'm writing this as I hope someone else will enjoy it as much as I have. Its good to laugh!

Posted on 4 May 2009 16:08:50 BDT
I read it several weeks ago and thought it was very funny indeed. There are quite a few laugh out loud places, and the last story had me in fits!

Posted on 22 May 2009 17:25:10 BDT
CJ says:
I'm delighted you both liked it! Thank you very much indeed. A new Holmes volume will be out later this year / early next, depending on how the ideas go.

I'm really pleased people have responded this way - thanks again.

Posted on 29 Jul 2009 22:43:13 BDT
CLM says:
I must say I really enjoyed this book as well! Quite old-fashioned British farce, together with a large dose of the surreal, and a pitch-perfect modern take on the old Holmes novels.

Posted on 6 Jun 2010 22:49:20 BDT
Jasper says:
I laughed a good deal when I read it. It is very daft, but there are some great lines & ideas in it. Since when do books have slapstick humour in them? Anyway, made me laugh a good deal.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  29 Apr 2009
Latest post:  6 Jun 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Sherlock Holmes and the Underpants Of Death
Sherlock Holmes and the Underpants Of Death by Chris Wood (Paperback - 3 Jan 2009)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (21)