Learn Windows 8.1 the easy way. Clear concise and to the point...
Teach yourself how to navigate and use the most radical redesign of Windows in Microsoft’s history.
With plenty of screen prints, photographs and illustrations, this guide explores
- Setting up your computer
- Navigating around the windows 8.1 using the start screen
- Windows 8.1’s features, menus, charms and utilities
- Transferring your files from your old machine
- Using the desktop and running applications
- Backing up your important data with filehistory
- Antivirus and internet safety
- Downloading & watching videos
- Downloading & listening to music
- Staying in touch friends, family and colleagues using Mail, Calendar & People App
- Getting started with SkyDrive/OneDrive and SkyDrive Pro
- Storing, organising and manipulating your photos, putting them into albums or slideshows to show to friends or post on social media
- Maintaining Windows 8.1, optimizing drives, scanning drives for errors and basic recovery procedures and more...
Techniques are illustrated step by step using photography and screen prints throughout, together with concise, easy to follow text from an established expert in the field.
Whether you have just bought your first computer, laptop or are a keen computer user who has just upgraded to Windows 8.1, this book will provide you with a firm grasp of the underpinning foundations and equip you with the skills needed to use a computer like an expert.