Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 29 Jul 2012 08:35:48 BDT
dlberkshire says:
There were only a couple of pieces I didn't recognise and would want to buy. These were in the final part, after the speeches, and most online soundtrack lists seem only to show what was played before that point. I would like to know everything that's on the album before shelling out for it.

Posted on 29 Jul 2012 09:32:07 BDT
yes

Posted on 29 Jul 2012 10:01:18 BDT
DJ Control says:
Track listing up on iTunes.

Posted on 29 Jul 2012 10:40:58 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 Aug 2012 18:55:20 BDT
thatdudeuk says:
I'm also interested in knowing if the ones (on this recording) are the live performances, or studio versions.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jul 2012 19:14:29 BDT
Last edited by the author on 29 Jul 2012 19:15:01 BDT
Ian says:
Is there a way to see it on iTunes without downloading and installing the crappy iTunes software?

Posted on 29 Jul 2012 20:52:46 BDT
H Gale says:
Just saw the tune list. I was hoping for some music from the "Pandemonium" sequence, loved the drumming, disappointed to see that wasn't on there!

Posted on 29 Jul 2012 21:40:33 BDT
Adamsim says:
The Pandemonium music was "And I will kiss" by Underworld

Posted on 29 Jul 2012 23:08:12 BDT
R. J. Lister says:
It looks like the Isles of Wonder download is iTunes exclusive for now. Search "And I Will Kiss" on YouTube - the full 17-minute version is still there, for now...

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jul 2012 04:35:47 BDT
cottager says:
Judging by the YouTube upload, Underworld's epic piece for the Pandemonium/Industrial Revolution sequence is the studio verison... and it's magnificent! As Adamsim has said, it's titled "And I will kiss". I've also listened to most of the tracks uploaded elsewhere, and they were all studio/original versions.

Posted on 30 Jul 2012 10:45:38 BDT
The MP3 version is already available to download, you can see the tracklist there (on Amazon). This is the CD version which comes out next week.
I agree though, Amazon could have put the tracklist on!

Posted on 30 Jul 2012 11:15:12 BDT
BeRo says:
Track listing and a snip of each song can be found here.

Posted on 30 Jul 2012 14:42:25 BDT
Bricktop says:
Full tracklisting is on the Underworld site here - http://www.underworldlive.com/news/isles-of-wonder-olympics

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jul 2012 17:18:08 BDT
vidl says:
It's on there. It's called "And I Will Kiss". And thanks for the drumming compliment!

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Aug 2012 11:43:02 BDT
David Wood says:
I believe you're talking about the music in the part of the ceremony where Steve Redgrave handed the torch over to the first of the young sportsmen and sportswomen, continuing up to and with the lighting of the cauldron (code named "Betty" by the designer and shown in stylised form on the CD cover). That track is "Caliban's Dream", which is on the CD (final track on disc 1).

The other major new work was the musical backdrop to the Pandemonium scene with all the drummers. That's "And I Will Kiss" (fourth track on disc 1).

I can't find the references now, but I'm sure I read online that all the new material was recorded in a studio session at Abbey Road Studios - though I've also read reports that some of this material was recorded at the Olympic Stadium (and presumably taken to Abbey Road Studios for post-production). I can't think they moved that huge bell to Abbey Road!

The tracks on disc 1 that have been previously released as recordings seem to be previously released recordings (such as Dizzee Rascal's "Bonkers" - 2:56 on this CD, 2:56 on the "Bonkers" EP; Emeli Sande's "Heaven" - 4:12 on this CD, 4:12 on Emeli's "Our Version of Events" album), even if there were some differences between the recording and the live version on the night. "Chariots of Fire" is a new recording of the 'Mr Bean' version.

One thing is certain - none of this material was recorded live at the Opening Ceremony. There wasn't enough time for post-production between the ceremony and the material becoming available to download almost immediately afterwards on iTunes.

If you want to check out the majority of new tracks, the double album is on Spotify (and should be playable once with a free account), though there's quite a few tracks missing there, presumably for rights-related reasons.

Posted on 9 Aug 2012 18:18:19 BDT
Last edited by the author on 9 Aug 2012 18:18:46 BDT
Bricktop says:
Would love to see a 4LP set
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  29 Jul 2012
Latest post:  9 Aug 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Isles of Wonder - Music For The Opening Ceremony Of The London 2012 Olympic Games
Isles of Wonder - Music For The Opening Ceremony Of The London 2012 Olympic Games by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2012)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (156)