- Paperback: 232 pages
- Publisher: Elan Image Management (23 Aug. 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0982929706
- ISBN-13: 978-0982929704
- Product Dimensions: 17 x 1.3 x 24.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.1 out of 5 stars See all reviews (11 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 390,345 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Frumpy to Fabulous: Flaunting It: Your Ultimate Guide to Effortless Style. Revised Edition Paperback – 23 Aug 2010
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
About the Author
Natalie Jobity, is an internationally sought after image consultant for women from all walks of life. She has been featured on television, contributed to countless print and online publications as a premier style expert and written image, wardrobe and style columns for a number of national and international media outlets.
Natalie hails from Trinidad & Tobago, lived for a year in England and called New York her home for 9 years. She now resides in the DC metro area. Natalie has been a fashionista ever since she was old enough to read her Mother’s Glamor magazines. As a 6 feet tall woman, Natalie understands first-hand the power of presence and how to work with a challenging size and still create a stunning impression. She is passionate about helping women look and feel fabulous in their own bodies.
Natalie is the founder of Mission 1 Million Makeovers TM, a platform she created to assist women the world over, to inspire, empower and elevate them to bring their “A-game” image wise. It is her hope that we all consciously choose to show up as our highest, finest vision of ourselves, at all times. And to Flaunt It, of course.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
What's so good?
- Advice on dressing for your shape.
- Advice on building up your neutrals to work with any colour (backbone to wardrobe)
- Advice on getting your "super hero red". Red impacts on confidence... shouts out a message. The impact of various colours eg purples are elegance... turquoise, greens etc.
What's exceptional and different?
- Advice on making *style* speak volumes about you - that projects the right image and makes you "authentic". But you have to prepare what you want it to say. This is the essence of the book and the part that makes it stand out.
- Advice on the "eye's up" part, if you've got a pear shape... they'll never notice your trousers. Buy 3 pairs of any trousers that actually fit you..
- 7 core dressing styles. You have a little quiz for each - and you'll see instantly those styles that are more your personality.
- Getting a ""backbone to your wardrobe". This I found the most useful advice. You may have a wardrobe full of one off pieces, but without a backbone to pull the whole style together. I've been shopping for a backbone - and it works... suddenly your style will appear, and lots of stuff magically "matches up", as if out of thin air.
What's a problem
- You might have to pay for a professional to get your exact colours, but it is upto date regarding clear, or muted colours.
An exceptional little book. Easy to read, and reread, as the advice is solid. It adapts fashion and style to who you are... as a person. That's what's makes it a "style" - that reflects *you* and no-one else on the planet.
People start to notice you...Read more ›
It is an enjoyable read and highly informative and inspiring. I would recommend for anyone who is feeling frumpy and is ready to be transformed!
However, I found her writing style very annoying. She kept referring to rocking a pair of boots or rocking a red dress.
Read it- you'll learn something.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Excellent I am using lots of the advice in the book. Love it.Published 6 months ago by Paula Rusling
"Real women have curves"
THANKS A LOT. I am SICK of seeing this saying and so i have given the book 1* purely because of this one line. Read more
Loved this so much after reading it on my kindle I bought a hard copy as well. My favourite book by far in this genre.Published 16 months ago by TD
Not wildly original, and I suspect I'm still a frump, but some sensible advice clearly expressed.Published 18 months ago by keen reader