Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

Format: Paperback|Change

on 20 August 2009
This book offers great advice for travellers to Texas. It gives good ideas on what to do depending how long your stay is. I love Frommers for travel guides and this book keeps up their great standards.
I bought the book for Dallas but it offers more info than just this city.
on 10 May 2010
Having used Rough, Lonely Planet and Eyewitness guides, it was a surprise that neither did a Texas volume. Frommer's was a new name to me, so I gave it a go. Written by a Texan, there was something of the resident's rose-coloured spectacles, but I found this a refreshing change from the jaded and trying-to-be-cool-but-coming-across-as-cynical view of other guide books. The maps are okay (we took satnav too) and doubled up with local street maps. Slight weak point of the book; it's not exhaustive, sometimes it's helpful just to have a 'don't bother with this town' comment, ie for Abilene. Frommer's pointed us in the direction of the highlights in terms of galleries, two places to eat and a couple of awesome hotels; it also recommended a stay at a dude ranch - we are game for anything and it was a fantastic idea, something we would have probably avoided otherwise. Y'all have a good day now.
on 22 March 2010
This was about the only guide we could get in the UK about Texas - only. It is written for the American market. To be honest it was not really a great help in planning my road trip - lots of focus on big towns and cities and not much on the rural areas. Looked at other guides but they were very short on real information. Guess not a lot of folks "do" Texas. I actually got a lot more relevant information off of the internet - but it was pretty time consuming.
on 31 August 2010
This book appears to be excellent & gives a lot of good information about what we pensioners can do when we arrive in Texas in December.
on 13 November 2013
I used this guidebook on a 2 week trip around Texas last year and was very happy with it.
It contained all the information I need and was easy to read and use.
on 22 January 2014
We used this book to help us get around Texas on our holiday, arrived on time and we are happy to reccomed this book
on 2 January 2015
Great Value and arrived very quickly
on 10 January 2016