on 19 October 2009
Having already decided on Bermuda as a destination and booked a hotel I bought both the Frommers 2010 guide to Bermuda and the Moon guide so that I could try and optimise my 3 day vacation. I was travelling alone.

The format of the Frommers guide was useful to try and glance through in the couple of days before my trip. Unlike most guides which are separated into geographical areas or Parishes and then broken down into hotels, restaurants, things to do within that parish, Frommers bases the chapters on different themes which I found quite useful in a relatively small island like Bermuda. So there is a chapter of "Best" categories, Planning your visit, Bermuda in Depth, Suggested Itineraries, Where to Stay, Where to Dine, Beaches & Activities, Sight Seeing. I found it really helpful to get a good idea of what I wanted to do so as to optimise my limited time.

It doesn't have many photos (a few colour plates in the introduction) and could have much better maps. It is helpful in telling you which bus to get to most locations and since your transport will be bus/ferry (very good value) or hired motorbike you need to know bus routes.

I am glad I bought both guides. I found Frommers better for deciding what I would do on the island in terms of general plans and the Moon guide was generally the one I carried around for more detailed information when out and about. I am glad I bought both and if you are going on holiday to Bermuda and your budget doesn't extend to buying 2 guides instead of one you are probably going to have problems as it is fairly expensive.