Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.11

on 12 August 2015
If you want to know how to install Ubuntu on your computer, this is the book. Simple, clear language which goes into the basics of getting Ubuntu onto your computer. It describes how to set up a dual boot (so computer can run either Windows or Ubuntu - assuming Windows is on your computer of course) so you can choose which operating system to run when you switch it on. Or how to replace your Windows completely with Ubuntu. I had an older and slower computer which crashed on the Windows 10 update (from Windows 7). I thought to do a double boot set up on that computer, but got stuck and let Ubuntu replace my Windows. With this book, I might have succeeded with the baffling (to me) partition set up for root, swap, etc. (That's why I let the installer just replace the whole Windows). Having got there, I was looking (on my other Windows computer) for an ebook about Ubuntu. This is a simple, short, easy to understand book. There's no command line jargon, this book won't make me a Linux Ubuntu guru, but with the system running, it's enough to make let me understand how to get Ubuntu installed. If you want more than that, this book won't give it, but it says what it does in the title. Helps you get from Windows to Ubuntu, and it does that very well indeed.
on 6 April 2014
Very happy I bought this. At the price it's good value for a lot of information. I was going to buy a Linux magazine but that was over £6 and probably doesn't have all the information here.
on 29 October 2014
Makes understanding of new system so much easier. I thought it was going to regret changing from Windows 8 but no such problems with the tremendous help that this book gives.
on 16 August 2014
good assistance for anyone new to Ubuntu, covers all the basic stuff to get going.
on 12 May 2015
Great book informative and easy to understand.Would recommend it to anyone.
on 25 October 2015