- Hardcover: 256 pages
- Publisher: Amacom; 3rd edition (1 April 2003)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0814407560
- ISBN-13: 978-0814407561
- Product Dimensions: 2.5 x 16.5 x 24.1 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (5 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,236,279 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
HR From The Heart: Inspiring Stories and Strategies for Building the People Side of Great Business Hardcover – 1 Apr 2003
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Sartain is senior vice president of human resourcesat Yahoo! and was previously vice president of peopleat Southwest Airlines.Finney is author of In the Face of Uncertainty (AMACOM:0-8144-7161-7) and Bodacious (AMACOM: 0-8144-7131-5).
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Top Customer Reviews
She is a staunch advocate of what she characterizes as a "fully empowered" HR career, viewing it as a "calling" and asserting that it can - and should -- provide a competitive advantage to any organization, especially now when competition for human talent is almost ferocious. Those equal to the challenges of such a career in HR possess both highly-developed business acumen and what Daniel Goleman defines as emotional intelligence. Sartain insists (and I wholly agree) that a corporate culture "based on respectful treatment of all the company's employees is essential to the company's long-term success...The most successful companies are the ones that make it their business to help their employees achieve their highest potential and use their gifts and talents most fully." It is no coincidence that on Fortune magazine's annual lists of those companies that are most highly admired, most valuable, and best to work for, several of the same names appear on those lists year after year after year. Presumably each of exemplary company has "fully empowered" HR resources and capabilities.Read more ›
I have grave reservations about the practical implications of using this book in any environment where human beings are present - AVOID.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Careers > Career Guides
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Careers > Entrepreneurship
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Human Resources > Human Resources Management
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Entrepreneurship
- Books > Reference > Directories