- Paperback: 224 pages
- Publisher: Tauris Parke Paperbacks (30 July 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1845115007
- ISBN-13: 978-1845115005
- Product Dimensions: 12.8 x 1.7 x 19.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 910,302 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
From a Persian Tea House: Travels in Old Iran Paperback – 30 Jul 2007
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
`Carroll's beautifully written narrative is adorned with colourful episodes from Iran's long and momentous history and enriched with anecdotes from his travels. A forgotten gem of travel writing, From a Persian Tea House is a literary period piece and a luminous portrait of a country that has since changed beyond all recognition.' -- Abrar
About the Author
Michael Carroll was born in England in 1935. He was educated at Harrow and Cambridge but spent much of his early life in India. While at Cambridge he travelled widely during his holidays. He is also author of Gates of the Wind, the story of his time spent on the Greek island of Skopelos.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I hope that a member of his family will post some information on the internet, his publishers should also try harder to inform us about this writer.