on 14 March 2014
A thoroughly simplistic book, which states the obvious. Whilst simple and obvious it still conveys messages that most of us forget daily especially when communicating with others.

The chapter summary is essentially as follows:

- don't focus on problems but solutions
- didn't find fault reaffirm good qualities
- find out what the other people desire and focus on that
- take an interest in other people's interests in order to improve relationships
- smile a lot
- remember people's names
- listen more than talk and do so actively
- talk about things that matter to others even if they don't you
- make others feel good about themselves
- don't argue with others even when you're right
- admit your faults
- begin friendly and don't go in expecting a fight
- tap into the group collective
- allow others to take the glory
- appeal to honest motives and people will support you
- talk with others about your journey
- lead by example, the impossible should be embraced rather than shunned
- say positive things even when giving bad feedback
- acknowledge your faults before looking at others
- highlight your mistakes quickly and don't attempt to hide them
- use questions to lead people rather than telling them what to do
- play down other people's faults in order to influence them

The above are all simple facts of day to day communication but are skills many of us lack. The book essentially focuses on these points and gives case study scenarios through which each are explored.

A simple but effective book and should feature in any executive's library given that today saying even the slightest thing wrong can go viral within minutes leading to the death of one's career.

Overall book length, for the hardback format, was around 230 pages with large font. The book took me around 5-6 hours total to read from cover to cover. A quick and easy read but one I nevertheless recommend.
on 6 October 2011
i know the books of dale carnegie since decades.
in fact his most well known books "how to win friends" and
"stopp worrying and start living" made a real difference
to my life and my career!
as i have read this new adaption i was fascinated by its
value! in my opinion some of the original principles
are made even clearer and more precise!

e.g. the original principle "arouse an eager want" was adapted
to "connect to core motives" which makes it even more understandable
and usable for the reader! it makes it even more applicable
for sales-people or everybody wanting to convince others!

i discovered an approach to dale carnegies principles from
an attitude- and value-based sight! it is often stated how important
compassion and altruism is! we know from positive psychology
and other fields how important compassion is! the adapted principles
make it easy to apply this compassionate attitude everyday!

by reading this book (in fact the kindle-edition
which has been released in great britain end of september)
i was reminded of the principles, saw them
clearer and applied them immediately!

i have found my relationships growing stronger
and the athmosphere at work becoming more fun!(in no time!)

read this book and REALLY apply its principles and you will
be stunned by the effects on your relationships and work-life!
on 3 May 2012
I have read the original book by Dale Carnegie and loved it. It was easy to read and although the stories were from many years ago, the principle remains the same.
This book is written in a language that is not fluent and hard to read which I think is unnecessary, and also it's a bit like a review of the original book. I bought it instantly as I loved the original as I thought it would be similar in literature, with stories used from recent times, however it has been a dissapointing read.
on 19 February 2016
This is brilliant.. I listen to the CD in my car...as hearing it over and over I realise that there is always something that I did no hear before. Great....especially on route to work in the mornings. Carnegie' s powerful words of wisdom sets a psotive tone for me for the day..
I have expereinced changes in my thoughts, which has since influenced the actions that I am now taking.
on 7 December 2014
Good Book. I have read the original several times and this gives a clear but more modern view. I give this out to my staff frequently. Everybody should read the book if they would like to improve their communication in business and family.
Only reason I did not give 5 is for the price they could provide better quality paper as this is not a book to be read just once!
on 26 May 2012
Every young guy should read this book, if you ever wanted to know how to get the whole company to like you without brown nosing then the answer is in this book, Want to win every argument by not having it and getting people to follow you? - get this book.
What to feel more confident in life? Ever wish you could charm your way through life? Well this book will show you how and much more.
The principles are not earth shattering in themselves and in some ways looking back in hind sight much should have been obvious, but we live in a world where TV and the media feeds us constant lies there are people who react to the world the same way they see people reacting on TV and cannot understand why the world rejects them, its sad but true we do not seem to use all our technology to communicate good well balanced behaviour - but this book does a lot to correct this.
For me it is a real game changer!
on 10 April 2016
A over simplification of a bigger picture, is a light version of the original. It covers many aspectsof social interaction but goes in dept with none. Few tips and examples are usefull to refresh your memory if you already have knowledge about positive human connection and interaction. If you don't, probably are going to be left with lot of why's and how's
on 12 March 2016
Very little damage as if it was bought from a bookshop! It was better than I expected with only the up right corner folded.
on 19 March 2015
Good examples and annalysis covering what actions to take when trying to wins friends and influence people
on 23 April 2016
Must have this book in your library