- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Check out big titles at small prices with our Chart Offers in DVD & Blu-ray. Find more great prices in our Top Offers Store.
- Note: Blu-ray discs are in a high definition format and need to be played on a Blu-ray player.
- Important Information on Firmware Updates: Having trouble with your Blu-ray disc player? Will certain discs just not play? You may need to update the firmware inside your player. Click here to learn more.
Friends - Complete Season 1-10 [Blu-ray]  [Region Free]
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
• First time ever on Blu-ray.
- All 10 Seasons
- 236 original broadcast episodes on 21 discs completely remastered
• Includes 2 Hours of all-new bonus content featuring:
- Unaired footage
- New one-hour documentary
- New interviews
- Never before released cast appearances and more.
• Over 20 total hours of extras
A US sitcom behemoth with a global brand, Friends shot out of the gate in 1994 with snappy writing and an attractive cast. The exploits of sensitive paleontologist Ross Geller (played by David Schwimmer), his obsessive-compulsive sister Monica Geller (Courteney Cox, now Cox-Arquette); Monica's roommate Rachel Green (Jennifer Aniston), a spoiled rich girl trying to live on her own; earthy aromatherapist/masseuse Phoebe Buffay (Lisa Kudrow); and Monica's neighbours across the hall -- sarcastic Chandler Bing (Matthew Perry) and his struggling actor roommate Joey Tribbiani (Matt LeBlanc) became a nationwide obsession, spawned pop-culture trends (remember "The Rachel" haircut?) and was a ratings hit for its entire run.
The first two seasons were mostly centered on the on-off saga of Ross and Rachel, and while their relationship remained a strong presence through romantic rivals and even a baby, the other characters eventually moved from sideshow players into a shared comedic lead. But Friends was not without its heart. Most of the cast had dysfunctional relationships with their parents and went through loss, divorce, marriage, parenthood, and love triangles. The emotional pregnancies of Rachel (by Ross) and Phoebe (surrogate to her half-brother's triplets) won the actresses Emmy Awards, and Joey's tender feelings for Rachel in Season 8 won LeBlanc, the most improved actor in the series, a nomination.
Most sitcoms run out of ideas by the fifth season, but Friends gave itself a refreshing jolt the minute Monica and Chandler wound up in bed together. Their budding romance was not only the one of the funniest plot arcs of the series, but one of the most sentimental, as they planned a wedding, struggled to have a child and eventually turned to adoption. By seasons seven and onwards, the characters had each "grown up" from young singletons to thirtysomethings finding permanence in their careers and love lives but never losing the laughs.
Friends featured a parade of celebrity guests, but utilised most of the stars as more than mere cameos: The sextet's parents were all brilliantly cast, particularly Kathleen Turner as Chandler's drag-queen father and Teri Garr as Phoebe's dizzy mom. Everyone from George Clooney to Sean Penn to Julia Roberts to Bruce Willis has appeared on the sitcom, and Tom Selleck certainly enjoyed a career resuscitation after his recurring role as Monica's older man.
Yet, no star power ever penetrated the bond between the six stars and their unmatchable chemistry worked for ten seasons. Even though the show is probably repeated somewhere in the world every day, this boxed set of Friends remains watchable over and over again -- even if that theme song eventually grates on your nerves! --Sally Giles --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.See all Product Description
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
These are the things I think are great about the 15th Anniversary Collection:
- There are lines and whole scenes I haven't seen before! This keeps me watching it like I was when I hadn't seen it before because you don't know when there will be a scene they didn't air in UK, only in US maybe.
- It comes in a cute little white box! Very neat as the seasons are each in a normal sized DVD box and they lie lengthways in the white box. It's very tidy.
- There is an Episode Guide book! It has a whole synopsis at the beginning explaining what Marta Kauffman and David Crane had originally thought the show would be! So when you read it you can see the changes they made to the details as they went! It's very interesting.
It also has synopses of each episode like normal editions would, but has photos too, and at the back it has descriptions and explanations of some of the props that were important in particular episodes!
I have never bought a proper box set of DVDs before, but I was struck by the quality of it and how neatly it is organised.
Don't hesitate! It is fantastic value and you will not be disappointed!
1) All episodes are the extended US versions which means some people who have the single DVD versions won't have this.
2) Each Series box contains 4 single sided DVDs which is a major plus. Previously the series was put on double sided DVDs and the labelling wasn't very clear. Now you get 4 discs per series.
3) In addition to the episodes for each series you get extras on every single disc. I won't describe each one as they are listed on the Amazon product page. However, die hard Friends fans will be pleased to see that you get some great extras such as my favourites which are:-
Gag Reels from series 1-4 and 6-10 (not sure what happened to series 5)
Interactive Trivia game
An hour long behind the scenes documentary
The Friends stars thoughts as the final series comes to a close.
4) You also receive a nice Episode guide book. The book details each episode with a description and pictures. You also get an additional few pages at the back detailing some of the more famous props.
5) The DVDS come with Dutch and English subtitles.
My overall opinion is that this box set is well priced and an absolute must have. The box set isn't too bulky so fits nicely in with other DVDs and also looks particularly nice in its presentation box.
If you are a fan then order yourself one today....you won't regret it!
But at least for me, that omission is well made up for by the fact they have produced actual 16:9 versions of all episodes, instead of giving us 1080p transfers of the 4:3 original broadcast. And we're not saying they simply cut a 16:9 mask out of the 4:3 broadcast edit's frame; they appear to have gone back to the original 35mm and made new 16:9 edits. Meaning you're literally seeing more of the set and scene in frame than the 4:3 broadcast edit showed. And it's awesome.
For what it's worth, most of the extras (gag reels, interviews and clips of memorable guest stars, etc.) are still only DVD 480p quality and 4:3.
I did not expect that the Blu-ray version of a show running from 1994 - 2004 was going to go back and produce actual 16:9 versions of a show that didn't broadcast that way. I cannot overstate what a pleasure it is to watch this great show in such improved definition. One can only hope that a certain show with Will, Grace, Jack and Karen will follow this example one day in producing a Blu-ray release.
Im glad I did it, I could not be happier with it. The design of the box is excellent and it's presented very well. I watched all the 236 episodes in sequence and my love for friends has grown considerably. The story-lines are superb and hilarious. The acting never cease's to impress. A truly amazing sitcom.
I am not a huge fan of sitcoms but this one is miles above the rest. If you do like sitcoms this series is essential.
On the last disc there are several documentries and outtake reels which are very funny and informative. They are a must see for fans.
Whether you are a big fan or not I recommend you buy this boxset ASAP. You will not be disappointed!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Took me 6 months to get through all this, worth every penny!Published 4 days ago by Mr. Jonathan M. Syer
Brilliant DVD's, I haven't found any scratches or marks on the discs yet. So far it's very good.Published 5 days ago by Ruth
Very good quality. Product is well packaged with all discs kept together.Published 9 days ago by Amazon Customer
Simply brilliant! Timeless. My 12 year old son can't stop watching them which is fab because I have always loved Friends.Published 9 days ago by CK
This product's forum
Search Customer Discussions