on 7 June 2014
I started reading this a while back, and was immediately hooked. The idea of a French girl making a break to Paris, and then further to New York to pursue her dreams for her big break? A great story could derive from that. After reading the entire thing, I can understand the reasons for the author's writing style and the way she went about telling the story, but from the point where the book started to discuss Matt and Maude's exploration of New York, it became way too predictable. And I mean, I pretty much guessed the story from there till the end.

And then came the issue of her mysterious parents, and just... words can't describe how cheesy and cliched the whole story became. It was all too obvious what was going to happen at the end. I enjoyed the French girl at the start who struggled with her English and was naive to the American world around her, but it quickly turned into an unnecessary love story which was given away from the start.

I also felt that the writer told the story too much, instead of showing readers what was happening, probably because I'm older than the target audience. Personally for me, the book was way too predictable, and it just got to the point where I skipped page upon page because it was way too cringe-worthy, but if you're in the demographic for this story, then you'll probably find it a durable read.
I accually couldn't put this book down because it was so good. I ended up reading it at night and sneaking it outside. This book is a must buy. I recommend this book to anyone who is 9+. There is no bad things in it and it is a very touching book.
on 15 August 2015
Never have I read such a heartfelt and emotional book. The ambition to be an amazing singer/songwriter, the neglect and slavery of the foster parents and the overcoming power of her emotions when she finds out what happened to her mother and father. Ambitions to be a singer/songwriter I can relate to as I am an 11 year old child of which I have a good voice (or so others have said) and, although rubbish at writing songs, I wish to be famous when older. And at the end of the story, to learn that Maude's dead father is Victoria's brother was ,well, theres really no word for it. I love this book and I cannot wait to get the chance to read the next in the series! :-)
on 28 October 2015
Had me in tears.....
THE FIRST ONE IS FREE THATS GREAT!VERY CHEAP ONE OF MY FAVOURITE BOOKS EVER READ
.IM ELEVEN BUT I THINK ITS SUATIBLE FOR 10+ .
A very easy read
.I got mixed up though when matt came in and about the different studios.(if matt is even his name)my memory is bad...........anyway

I recommened it
Easy read
Good story
4 stars because i got confused
Suatible for ages 10+
Sad had me in tears
on 4 July 2014
I found this book entrancing,as I am a budding musician myself. I must say,this book puts things into words in such an interlocking way, it's like pieces of a puzzle all coming together.
on 27 January 2014
absolutely AMAZING!!! I really loved the book and couldn't put it down. if your reading this review , read the book , it's is really brilliant !!!!
on 16 October 2015
This book is full of things that you would like to find in a really good book. Maude is an extreme that has been through really sad times but in the end her dream comes true.
on 26 June 2014
this book was very interesting and magical my daughter can tell me the story over and over again. I would recommend it to anyone who has a good sense of adventure
on 11 June 2014
I will start this by admitting thar this was definately not what I expected, however in a positive way. Fo those wanting a rough over view, this book is about french girl, who typically is suffering from family labour, but when on a day trip to Paris discovers that she is destined to perform music she is yet to find out who she really is; this adventure is touching as the story continues in not only givin her a new future, but details of her real family in the past... I thoroughly recomend his book to any understanding young teen.
on 22 October 2013
I read the 5-star comments for this so was little disappointed, therefore, when I read the book. The writing is poor, a rather comical example of this was when 3 peoples' faces were 'telescoped' together at one point - I assume that it meant collided or something similar! Several descriptive words were repeated in the same sentence, a quite a few times I struggled to understand what was going on. Another thing is, the writing often contradicts itself - Maude is French, and we are told at one point that she had learned to say 'How do you do?' as a greeting in English, and wasn't quite sure if English people said that, but then, in a conversation just a couple of days later, Maude decides to include a lot of modern slang only someone quite fluent in English would understand. What this book needs is an EXTREMELY good editor, as the storyline is relatively good, but it still wouldn't be a GREAT book. All in all, a not particularly satisfying book, rather mediocre and not very exciting. Still, can't complain as it was free!