on 22 April 2014
I wasn't sure about this one at first. I had just finished reading one of the author's other titles 'London 2012 -What If?' (Which I enjoyed so much I made my wife read it!) when I picked this one up. I've really never got into pirate stories before, or anything medical related, but this was just a superb story! I loved reading it and couldn't put it down until I had finished both books in the series. The details of how a band of 17th century pirates would interact with our modern world, the likely scenarios of contamination between 17th and 21st century people and how you would contain an outbreak of the plague in the modern world was absolutely fascinating. If you are at all undecided, just read it! You will not be disappointed!
on 27 November 2013
This authors books just get better and better. I'm amazed at what a fantastic imagination he has for both the stories and characters within them. Although there seems to be a scientific element to each of his books Ian C P Irvine delivers a completely different kind of story every time. Never predictable and therefore never a boring read all of his books keep me engaged and full of anticipation throughout. Like all of those I have read by this author this book was hard to put down and a thoroughly enjoyable read which I would highly recommend to anyone.
on 12 April 2016
With the word romance in the title you maybe expecting something from mills and boon. Fortunately its not. In fact i think there is only one passionate kiss in the entire book. Both books are worth a read. There are some really good ideas explored, the only niggle with the story is that story of Kate and the plane crew is only briefly mentioned. Or is that for book 3? This book would be enjoyed by ya and adults alike if you enjoy scifi or pirates.
on 28 April 2016
I would thoroughly recommend this book to you although obviously you need to read Book One first. An easy style yet a compelling plot combine to make it a pleasure to read and the concepts involved are both fascinating and maybe, just maybe, ones which will leave the realms of science fiction to become science fact within a generation or two.
I loved the book and I am sure you will too.
on 28 November 2013
This authors books just get better and better. He has an incredible imagination for his stories and his characters. Even though there is a scientific thread to each of his books they are all completely different types of story, making each one a complete surprise and a gripping read. Like the others, I could not put this book down. I would recommend it to anyone.
on 20 April 2015
Well written entertaining food for thought. I liked it so much I could not wait to download it after reading book one!
I have now started a new folder on my kindle "FAVORITE BOOKS" I have read thousands of books and this is the first time I have been moved to write a review. Well done Ian from your top fan.......keep up the fantastic work X
on 25 October 2015
Enjoyed this book tremendously, read it in only a couple of sittings, found it hard to put down.
If I was to be picky I would say that it seemed to jump ahead in places, sometimes people were too easily convinced of things which we all regard as impossible, and sometimes the story advanced a but quickly.
However it's still great entertainment.
on 17 June 2014
I downloaded this book for my hols next week. Having now found myself off work and resting on doctors orders I have read it today. I wasn't sure when I downloaded it, but it's the best book I've read out of the 6 Ive read since I've been I've off work from last week. It's a really clever plot peppered with pirate wit and humour and contained enough physics and biology to keep me really interested. Read it. You will not be disappointed. On a final note, I thought it was really insightful that one of the characters deemed the swine flu epidemic 'a fiasco'
on 2 April 2015
God what a book. I read part one and could not get to part two quickly enough. The story hold you to the page and rolls along at a very quick pace. Everything in the story is believable and I have down loaded all this authors books to read. Would recommend you all to give him a go and read at least one of his stories. Thanks Ian keep writing.
on 30 March 2014
My daughter and I like it more than the first part . and we both agree that we would have like to read about the lady who travelled back to 1699, even that trough the story you could see that everything went well for her. It was funny to read how the pirates where adapting to the new technologies. Overall this will be a fantastic film .