A while ago I bought anastacias first album, "Not that kind". It was absolutely amazing, and when I heard about her doing a new album, I thought there would be no way that she could equal the quality of the last one- however, she proved me wrong. Girlfriends voice is 100% fantastic on every track, using her husky large range to deliver powerballads, and funky songs, and keeping the vocals tantalising. Here is my review for each song:
1) Freak Of Nature: 5/5, An exciting opening, with a really funky bass line.
2) Paid My dues 4/5, going back to the old pop delivery such as with the 1st album on I'm outta love. A good 1st single.
3)Overdue Goodbye 4/5, and interesting mix of country and pop, handled with expertise and vocally amazing.
4) You'll never be alone 5/5, amazing song, with fantastic lyrics, melody, and especially vocals. The best vocal on the album
5) One day in your life 5/5, a catchy follow up single, has potential.
6) How come the world dont stop 5/5, a really nice chilled ballad, showing anastacias more controlled side.
7) Why'd you lie to me 2/5, this song sounds like album filler, I generally skip over this one, however, her vocals shine through 1nce again.
8) Dontcha wanna 5/5, a sexy funky pop tune that is fantastic and catchy.
9) Secrets 5/5, a fantastic slower pop song, with a really catchy tune and lovely beginning.
10) Dont stop 5/5, this song grows on you with time, it will have you singing it by the end, along with anastacias fantastic vocals.
11) I dreamed you 5/5, a perfect ending, with mostly pianoaccapella. Without the beat throughout, sounds fantastic, and builds into a very aretha franklin style ending.
12) Overdue goodbye (reprise), 3/5, I think this was just a filler to bulk up the album, nothing different to the 1st version.