From the Back Cover
GCE Year 2
This third edition of Frank Wood’s A-level Accounting
has been completely restructured to take account of the recent changes to the A-level syllabus and of developments in the field. The book builds on a first course in accounting, covering the second level of the A-level syllabus, and includes coverage of the more advanced aspects of company accounting, and the basics of management accounting. As well as providing instruction and practice in the preparation of accounting information, the text stresses the need for students to understand the business reasons behind accounting techniques. A continuing strength of the book is the large amount of question material. Recent past questions from the main examining bodies are included as well as a useful guide to examination techniques at A-level. Key features
- Comprehensive, detailed and thorough coverage of accounting.
- Numerous worked examples, review questions and answers.
- Contains past questions from the GCE boards.
- Answers to approximately half of the review questions are provided at the end of the book.
- Answers to the remaining questions are provided in the free Solutions Manual available only to lecturers adopting the main text.
- Restructured to take account of recent syllabus changes – the focus is now on the second year, i.e. the A or A2 qualifications of both AQA and OCR.
- All content has been updated in line with regulations.
- The chapter on overhead and sales variances has been completely rewritten.
- Eleven new chapters are included, fully covering the AQA and OCR second year A-level syllabuses.
- Three new chapters have also been added in response to requests that some first-year A-level material be included for reinforcement.
- A new supplementary topics section devoted to revision topics requested by lecturers.
- The book is in five parts:
- Parts 1 and 2 are directly related to both the OCR and AQA syllabuses
- Part 3 uniquely covers part of the OCR syllabus
- Part 4 uniquely covers part of the AQA syllabus
- Part 5 comprises four chapters devoted to revising topics normally covered in first year of the A-level.
MarketThis book is suitable for students studying the second (A or A2) A-level stage, particularly for AQA and OCR examinations.
About the authors
Alan Sangster BA, MSc, Cert TESOL, CA, is Professor of Accounting and Head of the Department of Financial Managementat the Open University Business School, and was previously at the Queen’s University of Belfast, the University of Aberdeen and the University of Strathclyde.Frank Wood is the world’s best-selling author of accounting textbooks.