Format: Hardcover|Change

on 24 September 2011
This book is an astonishingly beautiful and intimate gift from the author to the reader. Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee details his own very personal, and private, struggles around living a mystical life. This to me is the value of this book. Here is a (self)portrayal of an acknowledged and respected spiritual teacher not as someone who 'gets it' or who 'understands the meaning of life' but of someone who is continually bewildered by how to manage, embody or live out mystical experiences in the mundane world. In this sense this book may well be unique.

Llewellyn's struggles, whilst perhaps many rungs higher, do have a resonance with my own, and here is the gift to me of this book, in which he lays himself open - the gift of his accompanying me in my struggles to live a mystical life.
on 4 February 2015
Beautiful, inspired, divinely human.
on 4 October 2014