Customer Discussions > Film Noir Collection [DVD] forum

Fragmented childhood memories - Does anyone know the name of this movie

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 16 Apr 2009 01:51:45 BDT
I wonder whether anyone can help identify this movie. Unfortunately, I watched it as kid, I only have a vague recollection of the film. My apologies of the fragmented nature of the description.
It was an old film made in black and white. Probably between the 50s and late 60s,maybe early 70s. Maybe even film noir. Set during the cold war period.
The plot involved a microfilm, spies and a baby. The microfilm is wanted by the usual groups - the russians and the americans. The star of the film has a shady past, i think he worked as a secret agent for the americans. He is caught several times in the film by both sides but somehow manages to escape his captors. During the course of the film, the microfilm is hidden under his eyelid and in the baby's nappies. It ends with the star of the film being arrested, then escaping and running through an airport with his hands handcuffed.
Once again, my apologies for the fragemented description but I would appreciate any help.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Apr 2010 08:28:35 BDT
Might be a black and white British film, can't remember name, but I think this might be a John Mills film. Only tangible connection I can suggest or remember is being arrested several times and running through an airport in handcuffs. Don't remember anything about a baby though, its been on Film 4 (why do they call it Film 4 - coz it's only got four films) lol. You never mentioned if it was an American film. Just an idea. Think it was 1950 era.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  16 Apr 2009
Latest post:  2 Apr 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Film Noir Collection [DVD]
Film Noir Collection [DVD] by Kirk Douglas (DVD - 2007)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (43)