on 30 April 2014
This installment like all the other books are a must read, I cannot recommend this series enough. I hope these books are made into a film and that justice is done for their brilliance. Jason Tesar has created something truely epic and worth anybody's time to read, read, and read again!

Having finished the book I found myself slightly disappointed in this installment, overall the book was brilliant and the story continues to keep me eagerly awaiting the next one, however I didn't find myself speed reading to get to the next chapter as I have with the previous books. The book for me, was a book of two halves, the first was slow, lacking in background and explanation and left me guessing as to what was going on and how some events had come about.

The second part of the book, from around chapter 18 onwards, was back to the brilliance which I have come to expect from Jason Tesar, I could hardly put the book down. The writing enabled me to relate to the characters individual situations, which in turn caused me to feel genuine concern about what was and may have possibly happened throughout the rest of the story. The final chapters build and build, leaving you wanting more and more to the point where I was genuinely sorry I had finished the book, as again I am left eagerly wanting more. I am just sorry that this story will ultimately end one day because it is absolutely brilliant.

In summary, the book is very good but felt rushed in the most part. Definitely worth reading, but you may need to re-read the first 18 chapters, as so much happens and there is sometimes a lack of detail which would, in my humble opinion, have helped the chapters to flow that little bit easier, but rest assured in the fact that it is definitely worth reading through to the end, you won't be disappointed.
on 9 May 2014
Firstly i'd like to say I really enjoy this series and also Jason's Wandering Stars. However for me this book fell below expectations.

Firstly the first half of the book feels very rushed, the story jumping from place to place with little explanation. There are also 2 or 3 events in the book that just happen with no explanation whatsoever........including the revelation at the end. Hopefully at least some of them are being saved for the next book but too many times I was left wondering why or how that had happened. I guess you are left to make up your own minds but I feel it should have been explained much more.

Its like he was in such a rush to advance the story he forget to fully explain some of the events. In my opinion this book should have been at least 1/3 if not 1/2 larger and would have been better for it.

I am still looking forward to the next trilogy but take your time!
on 16 May 2014
Following the continued story of Kael and the worlds within the pages of this volume of books is a great pleasure. I have not finished the story yet however; I have read all the previous books and am loving the way the stories interlink between worlds as we see the connections between people, experiences and worlds.
In a busy life it's great to go to that place where the levels of life can be explored and re-imagined (or seen with opened eyes??). The way Jason takes us into the characters, viewing their experience of the same situations through their individual eyes fascinates me. I love to get into people's thinking so I can understand them better to help them as part of my everyday work, so when the language used in the story line reveals interesting character and personality traits it pulls me in. Loving the book(s) and the experience of the unfolding story. Keep up the great work Jason
on 6 December 2014
I have read all 6 books and find the stories gripping I don't normally read this type of book. each book left me wanting more. the book six came to a sudden end I cant wait for book 7. The books follow a family from a ancient Kingdom. A young boy and his Father who goes missing. The boy get chosen to learn a body and mind art like a kungfu . When he grows up he becomes the one to save the world from evil sprit's. He finds his father went though a portal into the present time meets up with him and world special agents.and a real fight to rid the would of these evil beings that want to take over the world.Book six ends with a earthquake type movement where the two worlds come together. Here the book ends
on 26 August 2014
It's getting really good now folks!!! Bring on number 7, preferably really soon. The suspense is killing me!
You know, I don't normally go for series books but this is something else. Awakened has had me hooked from the start. Such a fast paced and exciting read, never a dull moment.

By the way, read emit folks it's a gem, that's all I can say :-).
on 1 August 2014
The series of books continues to gather momentum with the charachters maturing as thier adventures bring together the story of the three worlds. Gripping thought provoking and fast paced yet a depth to the personalities and characters not always there in these types of storylines. Cannot wait for thé next installment.
on 11 June 2014
Honestly, if Starwars can be as big as it is then the Awakened series could be gigantic. I have now read all of the series, in fact all of Jason's writings and Awakened is brilliant, I thought book six would close the series but instead it has opened up another world, can't wait for book seven.
Terry.
on 26 August 2014
And still a series that I really enjoy, in fact I will be waiting impatiently for the next one, although I will happily read a wandering stars follow on in the mean time.

I wish this series was available in our local library as I know several readers who would love them.
on 4 August 2014
This series is one of the stand out series I have read in a long while. So completely different in terms of fantasy writing and I love the blend of old / new world. Can't wait to see how it ends..
on 22 April 2015
Have not finished yet but it appears to be slightly slower in narrative as against the previous five novels, however it's been a long book and thanks to Jason for writing it.