Format: Paperback|Change

on 9 December 2002
I have always dappled with Dreamweaver and given up as things got complicated. Being of a technical mind and not artistic, I thought this much talked about piece of software was beyond me...... Not with this book. It teaches you right from the start and holds your hand every step of the way. If you want to learn Dreamweaver MX properly there's no better start than this. Excellent work from Friends of ED as always.
on 29 September 2003
If you have -like me- done some HTML coding and maybe used some HTML generators before, this book is right for you. I wouldn't recommend the book to someone who has never done *anything* with HTML at all. I had developed 2 static sites with Dreamweaver before I purchased this book but felt like in need for a book that explained all the other bells and whistles (I never used templates or snippets before, for example) that Dreamweaver offers. This book is particularly good if you're also looking for an introduction into web application development using PHP and mySQL. However this doesn't mean you necessarily need to have done some work with Dreamweaver of PHP/mySQL already. Don't expect the book to cover the whole width of PHP/mySQL though - this is another bookworthy topic !
I love the tone and style of the book - it takes you by the hand where required (before reading the book, I found switching on the PHP on my Apache webserver via Terminal under Mac OS X a daunting task !) when dealing with those technical topics. However, this book is not a Mac only book - Windows users will not have any problems at all learning Dreamweaver with it.
Friends of Ed have an online forum should you encounter any issues with the book or the excersies. In addition, authors give you their email addresses so you can contact them directly - nice touch !
on 18 March 2004
Web design made easy that's how this book should be known...
It will get you well on the way to learning the basics of dreamweaver MX. Good if you are a true beginer..
Most chapters are quite well writen sometimes in a language a bit too down to earth for their own good.
The 2 chapters on cascading style sheets CSS? errrr not so impressive. Overall a good book though
on 9 January 2003
This book gives a really good introduction to Dreamweaver MX for people who, like me have only just got to grips with Dreamweaver. Clear information but creative ideas - well thought through, well written, easy to follow.