The Xbox 360's answer to Gran Turismo returns in the most complete driving simulator yet. This sequel's goal isn't just realism though but accessibility, with plenty of features to suit every kind of gamer and car enthusiast.
Rival cars react to your every move, particularly if you get too close
| The new rewind option makes a perfect lap a lot easier |
| Car models feature 10 times the detail of previous games, at 4 times the resolution |
| The new in-car view is just one of the new features |
With hundreds of cars and tracks on offer the amount of choice could be daunting if not for the newly improved career mode. The game is able to analyse the way you play and the kind of cars and races you enjoy for the ultimate personalised experience.
The artificial intelligence of your rival racers is just as advanced, with some panicking if you get too close and all racing according to their own styles - not just staying stuck to the racing line. With an even more expansive suite of online options, all filtered according to your skill level, this may be the only racing game you'll ever need on Xbox. Key Features
About the Developer: Turn 10 Studios
- Real driving simulator: The most realistic driving experience ever, with amazing new features such as an in-car driving view and vehicle rollovers.
- Garage greed: Over 400 cars from 50 different manufactures, all rendered in greater detail than ever before and moving at a super smooth 60 frames per second.
- Track events: Over 100 tracks to race on, including the Le Mans course, and over 200 different events from circuit and drag racing to drift and timed events.
- Chauffer driven: Optional driving aids include automatic-braking and a rewind feature - which lets you retry a section of a lap whenever you want.
- YouRace: New online modes including in-game videos you can create and upload and extra livery customisation options and rewards for the best creators.
One of Microsoft's few remaining internal studios at their Washington HQ, this team was set-up specifically to create a Gran Turismo style game exclusively for the Xbox 360. What they came up with is the critically-acclaimed Forza Motorsport series, currently on its third iteration.
Whether it's an exotic sports car like the new Audi R8 V10, a classic American muscle car like the Ford GT or a hot Asian import like the Nissan 370Z, everyone has a dream car. Now you can drive that dream with Turn 10's latest racing epic. Launching this October exclusively for Xbox 360, Forza Motorsport 3 unites the racing game genre, making it possible for everyone to experience the thrill of the world's most exotic and exquisite cars. Live the most realistic racing experience ever as you take the wheel of more than 400 of the most-beloved cars on over 100 renowned real-world tracks and exotic road courses from around the globe. With breathtaking high-definition graphics and the most advanced vehicle performance modeling in a video game, "Forza Motorsport 3" includes a host of driving assists and adjustable skill levels to make the game a gripping pick-up-and-play experience for audiences of all ages and skill levels.
Your escape into the world of car culture in Forza Motorsport 3 doesn't stop at the track. Turn 10 is a proven leader in user-generated content creation in games. "Forza Motorsport 3 further fuels the imaginations of its already thriving community of painters, tuners and photographers with improved customization tools and brand-new ways to share creations with the world via Xbox LIVE. Xbox LIVE makes your journey into the Forza Motorsport community and the world of user-generated content easy and fun.
A love of cars lives in all of us. "Forza Motorsport 3" is the automotive playground we've all been waiting for. Bonus disc:
Forza Motorsport 3 is shipped with one game disc and a bonus disc filled with additional content, including cars and tracks. If you see cars and tracks greyed out it means that you have not installed the second disc. To install the second disc of bonus content simply navigate to the main Forza Motorsport 3 menu. Select "Install Disc 2" at the bottom of the menu and follow the prompts on screen. Below is a list of content included on the second disc.
You can play through the whole game on disc one. Even on a single disc, Forza Motorsport 3 is already the biggest racing game on any console this generation, with more cars and tracks than anything out there this holiday. With both discs, "Forza Motorsport 3" is an epic automotive experience.
Disc 2 contains hundreds of bonus cars and tracks that are in addition to the multitude of content in disc one - one could think of disc one as the game and disc 2 as a year's worth of Game Add-ons.
The Contents of Disc 2:
• Asian Car Pack featuring 37 cars from Asian Manufacturers
• European Car Pack featuring 39 cars from European Manufacturers
• American Car Pack featuring 28 cars from American Manufacturers
• Road Racing Track Pack that includes 3 Racing Environments (Rally di Positano, Fujimi Kaido and Nurburgring Nordschleife)
Limited Edition VIP Program:
There are 5 additional cars that are only available to members of the Forza Motorsport 3 VIP program. To be considered a VIP you must purchase the Limited Collectors Edition (LCE) of Forza Motorsport 3. The exclusive VIP cars are:
• 2008 Aston Martin DBS
• 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
• 2007 Ferrari 430 Scuderia
• 2007 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
• 2007 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (997)
Limited Collector’s Edition Includes:
- Custom Case
- 2GB USB Stick
- Premium Keyring
- Access to VIP program
- 5 Custom Cars
- Classic Car Pack
- Premium NXE Theme
- Custom item of Avatar clothing
- 2 x Game Discs