For the first time in almost a decade a new Formula 1 game is appearing on all the home consoles and PC, as Codemasters gets ready to make their mark on the sport. Using the same graphics technology as Colin McRae: DiRT 2 and Race Driver: GRID, this is set to be the best F1 game ever.
Formula 1 returns to the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC
| The stunning graphics use Codemasters' Ego engine from Colin McRae: DiRT 2 |
| All the official F1 tracks are replicated in exacting detail |
| These screens show the 2009 cars but the final game will be based on the 2010 season |
With everything from the affect of rain on the track to media interest in your performance simulated, everything that happens in a real Formula 1 season happens in this game. But don't worry if you're not an expert racer as the game has a specially designed range of driving aids and arcade options to ensure every kind of gamer can join in the fun.
However you play the game though, whether it's in a seven season career marathon or a quick run around the Monaco circuit, this puts Forumla 1 back at the pinnacle of video game racing. Key Features
About the Developer: Codemasters Birmingham
- F1 for All: No longer a PlayStation exclusive, Formula 1 returns for all formats as Codemasters unleash their most feature-packed race sim ever.
- Play the Field: Play a full career mode of 3, 5 or 7 seasons, with specific goals for each of the different teams - from Ferrari to Lotus.
- Gripping Weather: The most realistic weather system ever seen in a racing game, with rain falling and drying realistically and drastically affecting the performance of the cars.
- Simulation Racing: Every aspect of Formula 1 is replicated in exacting detail, but less experienced racers can still choose to play in a less serious arcade style mode.
- Research & Development: You're not the only one working through the season, as your team constantly comes up with new car upgrades that improve your car from race to race.
Founded in 2002 as Swordfish Studios this UK developer has been responsible for everything from Brian Lara International Cricket 2005 to 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand. The company was acquired by Vivendi in 2005 and sold to Codemasters in 2008. It's now working on the new F1 series of games.
F1 2010 is the first multi-format, high definition Formula One videogame from Codemasters. Complete with all the official drivers, teams and circuits from the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship, F1 2010 will immerse players in the glamour and exhilaration of the world’s most exciting motorsport, on and off the circuit.
F1 2010 will deliver an unrivalled Formula One experience that put players into the heart of the world’s most exciting sport, powered by cutting edge graphics, advanced physics systems and integrated network play.
• All the cars, all the stars. Fully licensed, F1 2010 features all the drivers and teams set to contest the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship, including Formula One Drivers’ World Champions Jenson Button, Lewis Hamilton, Fernando Alonso and Michael Schumacher.
• Every circuit, beautifully realised. Race wheel to wheel on all 19 of the 2010 tracks, each modelled with exceptional attention to detail and jaw-dropping visuals.
• Be the driver, live the life. There is more to being a Formula One driver than being the fastest person on track and F1 2010 is the first game to allow players to experience the exclusive world of F1 like never before.
• Fully dynamic weather affects your strategy, performance and delivers stunning visual effects. F1 2010 features the most advanced weather system in any racing game.
• Build a career. Whether players wish to work their way up from the bottom, switching teams as they go, or build a dynasty with their chosen team, gamers can fully realise their aspirations in F1 2010’s extensive and challenging career mode.
• The full pit lane, featuring each team in their various stages of strategy, becomes home to tense and exciting moments of drama as the drivers and crew work to return their car to the race as fast as possible.
• Full online multiplayer. F1 2010 will include extensive online multiplayer options allowing players to take on their friends and the rest of the world in a range of race modes.