Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 June 2014
Forever Layla is a sweet, unique and fast paced read that is like nothing I've ever come across before. It's complex in it's plot lines and every little detail cleverly knits together as the book progresses. It is a story that will have you holding you breath as you wait for the last piece of the puzzle to slot into place.

It's the story of Layla and David. It's the story of how they fell in love and how knowing what's around the corner can affect the way you see things. Layla is from the future, it wasn't her choice to come back but now she's here - here being 1994 - she's got to figure out how to live in a time she doesn't belong. Although, as time passes and David becomes an important part of her life, Layla starts to question whether she was always meant to be living in the past. What time does she really belong in? And can she be in the past without screwing up the future?

Forever Layla is another dual narrative that at the beginning seemed a little one sided but the Layla chapters started to become more frequent and you were able to really submerge yourself into the story. Their story. Both character's also had very distinct voices, making it easy to tell who's point of view you were reading.

As I've said this book is unique and compelling and very well written. I actually would have liked another 50 pages or so as I felt there was more to Layla and David's story that could have been told. Some of the in between moments. Which yes, would have slowed the pace down but also I think it could have given the reader more time to feel for the characters.

The last 20% of the book had me holding my breath. I had a feeling I knew where it was going but no idea how it was going to get there. It's the kind of book that has you wishing for that all important happily ever after. Overall the way the whole story twists back on itself is ridiculously cleaver and I think Melissa Turner Lee deserves a medal for keeping it all straight in her head as she wrote it!

Forever Layla didn't disappoint. It's quirky and fresh and I think you're going to really enjoy it!
on 31 May 2014
Got free advance reader copy of this book. Interesting, confusing at first. Reminiscent of past life, karma. Well thought out would definitely read more from his author
on 2 January 2016
Cleverly thought out and well written story about love transcending time (or rather manipulating it). Left me with a smile on my face.