on 5 February 2013
Before I started to read this book I wasn't too sure as a lot of books about the fae haven't been to my liking. I am very pleased to say that I was proved wrong. This book was amazing! I was swept up into the story within the first couple of pages and connected to the characters. I'm really looking forward to the next book. Thank you for once again letting me enjoy a book about the Fair Folk.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Forever Fae is an incredible book! It is just one that immediately draws you into the action and you cannot put it down!! Forever Fae is a story about Princess Calista, Prince Ryder, and the Evil Sorceror Alasdair. Calista and Ryder are part of the prophecy for the land of the fae, but Alasdair does not want the prophecy to be fulfilled. Throughout this book, there will be many trials that Calista and Ryder must face together as well as alone. They will learn they must trust each other and the love that is forming between them in order to survive, and also get the chance to fulfill their part of the prophecy.

Author L.P. Dover has given us many point of views to see this story from. We see through both Ryder and Calista's eyes what they must do, overcome, and how it affects them. We will also see from Alasdair his evil plans and how he plans to achieve them. The book does jump back and forth between different scenes, but makes it easy to understand what is going on. It also allows us to not only see what was going on for Calista at some points, but also what Ryder is doing at the same time.

Five stars!!
on 28 June 2013
Forever Fae, this book was not my idea, a friend suggested it, so I contacted the author who sent me a copy to read and review. For that I would like to thank L.P. Dover - I really appreciate it! ^^

So the book is a fantasy fiction book, delving into love, magic, prophecies, war and fairy-tale creatures and fairy-tale lands. You follow the adventures of Princess Calista from the Summer Court, Merrick a warrior, best friend and guardian of Calista and Prince Ryder of the Winter Court - and how their lives and decisions change the world of Fae. Will the prophecy come true or will the Fae world be plunged into darkness and suffering??

I wasn't actually sure about this book - I'm not a major fantasy, fairy, flowery, sweet, la-la-la, fan but what can I say, my mind has been changed. After reading this book, I have decided, they ain't all that bad! It wasn't just the characters in the book I liked, or the storyline, it was the fact the author wrote the whole story in first person narrative, so you get a truly unique perspective from everyone - It's a really nice change! *Thumps up*

Now lets talk about the main characters - Calista. I like her. *Grins widely* She's brill. She's got her own mind, she's cheeky, she's intelligent, funny, strong, independent and very stubborn. Yeah she's a princess but she's not depicted as one of those, `everything handed on a gold platter' and `acts like a bratty little shit'. She learns sword play, fighting skills, brawling and still has time to act like a princess about Royal matters! She's good! And what I liked is, that when the prophecy is thrown in her face, as well as the love of Prince Ryder, she doesn't take it at face value and does question it - she wants to know that it's her own heart and not something being forced upon her. That's how I would be like!

Now Merrick ... *shakes head* ... this guy at first you feel a little sorry for him. Everyone in the court knowns that he has feelings for the princess but has never had the guts to tell her to her face. You think `awww, poor guy. So cute!' WRONG! I thought that at first, then as I read, I thought he was a dick! He becomes her Guardian - which means he becomes blood bonded to her, can feel her emotions and read her mind and vice versa - then decides to tell her and force his love on her - now that she is stuck with him forever or until one of them dies!! WTF!!!??? Guy really needs to get laid. Worst part is ... she only sees him as a best friend and nothing more ... OUCH! Wonder how things will progress with the series!?!?!

Now we move on to Prince Ryder ... I like him, though at times he seemed a little `I'm good and I know it' *rolls eyes* but he is a prince so I just let it slide. I admitted, it must go with the territory - LOL! He's nice, smart, strong, quick witted but has anger management issues - problem is, when his anger flares, so does his powers. Anyone for a quick winter break?? He doesn't get along with Merrick, which actually makes for a nice bit of entertaining, so I don't mind the fact that they don't get along - it's fun! Hey it's nice not everyone gets along!!

Now with any fairy-tale you have the bad guy ... enter Alasdair. Yes the guy is evil and worse ... he's from the mortal realm and a sorcerer! Well he knows of the prophecy and he has an army ready to take on the Fae, so he can extract his revenge for those that were destroyed in the last war by the Fae. He wants Calista for himself - he's all, yep she can sate a few urges and give me loads of power! *poutes* He's a bad guy and I didn't feel it. To be honest, I was expected more - the guy is so-o not evil enough for me. I wanted him to make me so angry and made or pissed off with him, that I would be raging and hating him until the end of the series but it's just not there. I don't know what he's missing, I wish I knew so I could tell the author to fix it but I don't, so I will just have to deal.

So apart from being an epic book, I suppose you are wondering why the 4 ... well, it was the bad guy for one and the other ... sometimes it felt a bit long winded in places, taking tooo long to get to somewhere. I know it was just building the tension or developing the character but I just wanted to skip the pages at times and I hate feeling like that. But because it was only those few little details I only removed a half mark - this book is tooo good not to give it 4!! You need to read this book and the series!!
on 30 November 2012
~~ Amazing ~~ Spectacular ~~ Talented ~~

ARC for my enjoyment, then as a avid reader I feel it only right to give my fair and unbiased opinion in a review.

Firstly I need to thank author Leslie Paige Dover for the wonderful opportunity to read this fantastic book of hers!! Thank you, I loved it and can't wait for the next book to come out. *tapping foot*

Forever Fae was/is so awesome, yes I know that this word is used a lot.. But it's the truth, it's amazing. When you see the title "Forever Fae" you might think oh no it's a Tinkerbell fairy princess type of book... but I'm here to tell you that this book is so not a Tinkerbell!!! Although there is a Princess, and one with a destiny.

L.P. Dover has created a phenomenal novel, that will transport you into the world of fae as you take the journey along with her characters that are all yours to travel with as the story unfolds before you, then captivates you, taking you to the Summer and Winter Courts of Fae.

Calista has a destiny, one that is to change the land of Fae. One that also is to protect her kingdom from the evil darkness that threatens to destroy it. (grrr, it better not)

She is one lucky women in some ways, well all right in a lot of ways! She's a princess, has her own kingdom and has not one but two handsome men who crave her heart and love. The ever dashing warrior Merrick, (he`s my favorite) who behind everyone's eyes trains her in readiness for battle against evil, and then enters the striking Prince of Winter Court, Ryder whom she meets as he attends the Guardian Ceremony.

Merrick can come and protect me and my heart anytime he wants. No competition in his way. (Just saying, although I know I`m sad about him too)
His character his amazing, he's strong. Downright hilarious with his comments, (you`ll see when you read it) and yet so loving and devoted to the well being and safety of Calista. *GO team Merrick*

Ryder's character is spectacular with his so seductive ways, (ooo la la) he knocks Calista for a loop big time, when they meet. Wow, to have such a dynamic and intense love for someone is absolutely breath taking and just pulls your heart strings tight. *SIGHS*

Keep in mind that there is yet another that craves Calista *nods head* oh wait, I didn't tell you about him did I? Although I did mention a evil darkness in the beginning. *angelic smirk*
He is pure evil in my book well and this book too, and only wants her (Calista) powers and to snatch the Land of Fae!! How does the saying go? Opposites attract? Well in this case it's true, because he craves her heart too.

Then on top it all off he knows of the prophecy, her destiny.
WAIT, don't leave yet, you have to hear this part. Quick come back.... He is the Dark Lord, and he wants to make Calista his Dark Queen!!!! *flyz around flapping my wingz* looking for Merrick and Ryder, shouting..... Ummm do angels shout? Oh at this point I need to! Hurry up you two guys, you have to stop him, the Dark Lord and his evil can't take over the Land of Fae and Calista's soul. Well darn where are men when you need them? (sorry I couldn`t resist)

Now I ask you this, will the Dark Lord succeed? Who will win Calista's heart? And will she conquer evil to fulfill her destiny, the prophecy foretold?

Well to find out the answers to the questions and much more of this wonderful story, I suggest you head on over to grab your copy of "Forever Fae", then read like crazy to find the answers. I promise you that you won't be disappointed, you'll love it.

Happy Reading everyone.

Recommend: 18 and up
Rating: 5/5 angel stars

Angel Anne Reviews
on 16 December 2012
Filled with with humour, suspense, romance and a lovely level of heat, Forever Fae left me feeling fulfilled and ready for for more. The books characters, Calista, Merrick and Ryder, provide fantastic relationship interactions and witty, heart felt dialogue. All of these characters were so very easy to follow and identify with, that I was never quite sure who I was cheering on.

The passionate development in this storyline effectively kept me gripped; I was so very ready for these characters to get it on! L.P Dover effectively crafted the narrative's development and transitions very smoothly. It did take me a little time to get used to the structure of the book, we get to read from a variety of different perspectives. However, as soon as I became comfortable with L.P's style, I appreciated getting to know the inner workings of the characters, including the baddies!

If you are looking for a tantalising read with a good dose of romance and magic, then Forever Fae will leave you happy and satisfied. A Fae fantastic 4 fairies!
on 7 January 2013
Well what can I say.i loved it was something totally different to what I usually read.
Calista was a feisty stubborn princess but knew her mind,and it was awesome when her and Ryder got together because from that first moment they knew that they were meant to be together,even tho she had her guardian Merrick that was so in love with her.That was so heart felt at the end when Ryder and him were fighting the dark sorcerer and he took the iron dagger instead of Ryder as he knew that Ryder and Calista needed to bond so the Land of the Fae would be a better place for both courts
I loved how the writer told us about each of the character and their background, it was extremely intense in places but that kept you on the edge and wanting more..Also I loved the funny bits with Merrick and Ryder and the manly banter between them about the princess.Brilliantly written..loved it and can't wait for book 2 ;-)
on 31 January 2014
The promise of this book, and the fact that it was free, are the reasons that I downloaded this. The story interested me enough for me to finish reading it but overall it was poorly written. There were so many holes in it that I don't know where to begin and, as you will see if you download it, the author has no subtlety when 'hinting' what characters are the bad guys. I felt like I was reading a book written for teenagers with the odd swear word and sexual situation (there aren't many) thrown in.
If you read a lot, like I do, you will know that some free books are well written with a great storyline whereas others promise something more but do not deliver. This was unfortunately one of those books that just don't deliver. Perhaps if I was 15 I may have thought differently. I won't be downloading any more from this series, but it filled a few hours while I was travelling.
on 13 May 2013
I read both these books, but don't think I will bother with the other ones, as I feel the characters are different but the storyline is the same, I feel it has to many similarities in each book, not the worst I have read, but have been generous with the 3 stars.
on 11 December 2012
So I bought this book on a Sunday afternoon and finished reading Monday night, the only time I put it down was to sleep and work (2 things I couldn't get away without doing).

From the first few pages I was hooked, the way this is written just draws you in and you think and feel along with the characters....

As any good love story it has a love triangle, this one with a Price, Princess & the Princess's Guardian. You want Prince Ryder & Princess Calista to work as its destiny but will Guardian Merrick stand in their way?

Good versus evil and you do get your happy ending but the evil remains and leads into a sequel... Yippee.

Great read, well written modern Fairy Tale and I absolutely LOVED IT!!!
on 6 January 2014
I have had this on my TBR list for awhile and have only just got round to reading it.
It follows the story of Princess Calista who is from the Summer Court Kingdom.
There is a prophecy and it isnt until she meet Prince Ryder from the Winter Court Kingdom that things start to happen.
Even though I thoroughly enjoyed the story I felt there was something missing, but I still cant put my finger on it. Maybe it was the style it was written or may be I wanted it to be longer or may be I wanted the author to elaborate on things - I am not sure. But it is definitely worth a read, plus the books is free so you can't go wrong with that.
I will also definitely want to read the rest of the series to see how things play :)