- Paperback: 432 pages
- Publisher: University of Hawai'i Press (31 July 1998)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0824817818
- ISBN-13: 978-0824817817
- Product Dimensions: 15.6 x 2.2 x 23.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,770,922 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Forest Recollections: Wandering Monks in Twentieth-century Thailand Paperback – 31 Jul 1998
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Top Customer Reviews
Tiyavanich has not however written a hagiography. The monks are real people with real fears and worries and desires facing all sort of problems, economic and political as they strive to live this way of life and it is this that makes the book so inspiring.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
As far as I can tell (having spent about a year in Thai monasteries), Kamala is right on the button in everything she writes. My only complaint about the book is that the footnotes are in the back instead of at the bottom of the page.
This book should deserves a wide audience.
This is a very well and detailled information concerning the forest monks in Thailand .
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > Countries & Regions > China
- Books > Biography > Historical > Countries & Regions > East & South East Asia
- Books > Biography > Historical > United States
- Books > Biography > Religious
- Books > Biography > Social & Health Issues > Cultural History
- Books > Fiction > Contemporary Fiction
- Books > Fiction > Women Writers & Fiction > Women's Popular Fiction
- Books > History > Countries & Regions > Asia > South East Asia
- Books > History > Religious History > Buddhism
- Books > History > Religious History > Christianity
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Buddhism