on 29 January 2013
*This book was received in exchange for an honest review*

W.o.w. If a book deserves a 5* rating it's this one! Smiles' world building is fantastic, I was drawn in from the word go and devoured the book in my free time. Foreseen shows the process undertaken by Kinzi, our main protagonist, and her adapting to becoming a part of the Adept community. Adept's are a group of people that can manipulate the thoughts of those around them for the 'greater good'. All is not what it seems at the Rothston institute, and suspicious things begin to happen around them.

I loved this book. Absolutely loved it and cannot be thankful enough to Terri-Lynne Smiles for allowing me to read and review it. Kinzi is a feisty yet shy female figure with very real flaws and positive aspects. She suffers from panic and anxiety when in crowds - something I can entirely relate to - which plays a strong aspect within the novel. Her fight against this, against her own developing adept skills as well as her fight for the greater good throughout the novel creates a very likeable character, someone I entirely empathised with.

The relationship which develops between a Physics Major, Greg, is slightly cliché but I loved it! Greg is a womanising, rich, 'jock' type figure with one unexpected aspect - he is incredibly intelligent. Their relationship begins to develop as Greg seeks her out in order to become partners for a class project. From this, the friendship morphs into something much deeper and meaningful. Smiles' develops the relationship with its trials and tribulations stunningly and I found myself hoping that everything would work out for them.

Along with the heroes and heroines, every novel must have a villain. This novel's villain forms in the shape of the figure Rex. Upon his introduction questions begin arising within the novel. Are the characters acting on their own accord or are they being influenced? Is Kinzie influencing Greg's emotions towards her? All of these questions and many more had me reading on eagerly to see how everything developed. Rex is the perfect villain. He is detestable, egotistical and provides one of the biggest turns within the novel.

This novel was truly amazing and I cannot wait for the next one. The world building was strong, the characters were sound and realistic - despite the paranormal/ sci-fi elements - they were people I could sympathise with. Smiles' is an intelligent and talented writer with many scientific references (my personal favourite was the Schroedinger's cat joke!) so bring on the next novel!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 August 2014
I really enjoyed this, there were plenty of interesting characters, and some of them were really nasty! While there is nothing particularly new about any of the ideas in this novel, it was well crafted and certainly of a hiher quality than most of the others of this type that I have read.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse