Size: 9 UKColour: Brown (Dark Brown)Change

on 9 November 2012
My husband has large size 12 wide feet and Cat Holton Safety Boots are the only boot he can wear for work which are waterproof, safe and comfortable. He would't buy anything else!

Further to my posting... My husband has now been wearing these for 3 months and is disappointed in the quality of the leather on this particular pair. They have torn in places near the lace holes, but as it is difficult to equal them in comfort, he will just have to wear them out and reconsider for the next pair!
on 21 October 2013
First impressions are great. They're comfy, sturdy, don't let in the wet and if you were a teenager in the 90s, you don't feel bad about wearing them to the pub.

The problem is that they deteriorate rather quickly. I bought them in April for 70 quid, the return window is 30 days and now in the middle of October, the soles are breaking up, squeaking when I walk and letting in liquid.

I don't know if you've ever heard of Sam Vimes' Boots Theory of Socio Economic Unfairness, but that was why I bought expensive boots in the first place; to keep my feet warm and dry for a few years, not replace them at large cost every six months.

**************Review Update*******************

I got in contact with Cat Footwear and asked them how long the boots should last. I got a prompt response (less than 24 hours) saying that they should last at least a year being worn every day. They also told me that if I hadn't bought it from their website, I should contact the retailer (Amazon), tell them the problem and the retailer should evaluate the boots and sort out a replacement. Cat Footwear also provided some useful links on what to expect from their products, consumer rights and some other good gen.

I contacted Amazon and within half an hour (I was genuinely stunned by that) I had a reply telling me that a replacement pair would be winging their way to me and to use the packaging to return the damaged boots, buckshee with a returns label of course.

I do like these boots and if they last as long as a year then I'll upgrade the review. They've got to last though.
33 comments28 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 November 2014
Do not get this boot as very very poor quality do last 2 months not a lot for the money would no buy again
on 27 May 2015
These seem to be a little on the larger side for me. I have always worn Timberland work boots until now, and ordered the same size. I will see how they break in, if they are still a little big I'll drop down a size next time. Feel comfortable so far, and the welted sole is the biggest selling point for me. The soles on my timberlands were always coming off, or wearing very fast.
on 22 November 2015
Boots lasted six months. Bought at end of May now 22bd November and coming apart at seams. Not acceptable really. I wear them almost daily but expect a bit longer than six months out a pair of boots. They are comfy and fit well and I have had cat boots last six years before. This pair fell well below what I would expect from a brand such as this.
on 30 November 2010
Well worth the money. First time I wore them I went to work for seven hours - feet comfortable all day!
on 26 May 2015
Good boots, a bit too loose but take a half size down and they would be great. Sadly had to return because of size issue
on 7 November 2015
Great boots, genuinely disappointed every time I scuff or mark them though as it leaves a scar
on 16 August 2013
Excellent boot I wear them all the time fast deliver and great price
on 13 May 2014
Just as expected from CAT these boots are top quality. Obviously as they are the nubuck finish they are easily marked so if that bothers you then perhaps plain leather may be a better option. I wear these all day every day and love them. My last pair of CAT boots (Sheffield) lasted for 17 years and were worn almost every day. They only started cracking a little around the edge of the soles after 16 years! So you could say I believe they are the best there is! Thank you CAT!